For Sale TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

Works great with the Amiga 2000 remake board from Floppy 209, clears all capacitors when using Aluminum caps.

IMG_20200914_232616.jpg

Last edited:
Just received mine, but I can’t install it. I have a rev 5 amiga 500 so I have to use a ROM adapter for my 3.5 kickstart. This makes it too tall to seat the tf536. Would it be safe to add a few risers to the tf536 to get it over my ROM stack?

TF536 received in excellent order. Haven't tested it yet, but considering the professional look and feel of the package and its contents I have no doubts whatsoever. Positive feedback coming up in a sec!

Just received mine, but I can’t install it. I have a rev 5 amiga 500 so I have to use a ROM adapter for my 3.5 kickstart. This makes it too tall to seat the tf536. Would it be safe to add a few risers to the tf536 to get it over my ROM stack?

I did use a row of pin headers on each side of the cpu socket to raise it when I tested it in my Rev 5, and it worked fine. No problems at all.

Interested in another set (i.e., with A500 riser card) for an envious friend of mine, Alen! I will send you a PM for confirmation.

The TF536 performs great in my 500+

Hello! Getting around to flashing the tf535 for the a2000 fix. Confirming the firmware on the exxos forum is the newest (r2 from 8/2). Got it from there as github tf area has been largely deleted of recent binaries by stephen. Also confirming you need to have it in the amiga and powered up while connected to the xilinx platform cable. I see a pwr2 connector on the board and wondering if I can use that instead at 5v? I could probably figure out the jtag1 header but can you confirm what port on the xilinx programmer plugs into each jtag pin also? Dont want to mess it up. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! Getting around to flashing the tf535 for the a2000 fix. Confirming the firmware on the exxos forum is the newest (r2 from 8/2). Got it from there as github tf area has been largely deleted of recent binaries by stephen. Also confirming you need to have it in the amiga and powered up while connected to the xilinx platform cable. I see a pwr2 connector on the board and wondering if I can use that instead at 5v? I could probably figure out the jtag1 header but can you confirm what port on the xilinx programmer plugs into each jtag pin also? Dont want to mess it up. Thanks for any info.

Yes, leave the card plugged and the Amiga powered on while reflashing. You can power the card using the pwr header also, but i think it’s easier to leave it plugged into the Amiga instead.

I confirm the RC2 is the latest fw.

Use the whole cable with the programmer, not the one that’s separated into individual pins. I will pm you the pic of how it plugs in since I can’t upload it here due to file size restrictions.

TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

Hello I did get both units flashed. Until now not much time to use these. Im testing heavily today. Something I discovered about both my tf536 units.

Fyi these are not complaints :) just help for others

solved: after a500 boots the unit would run for 1min then crash. Next reboot (powercycle each time) runs for 30sec then crash. Next power cycle would be flashing power light immediately. This seemed to be a heat issue because it gets worse over time so After about 1hr of troubleshooting I found when I stick a heat sink on the CPLD its 100% stable. Remove the heat sink and starts crashing again. This happens on both my cards. No problem! Easy fix!

Thank you for building these cards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom