For Sale TF536: 030+64 MB+IDE internal expansion for the A500

alenppc

Rating - 99.5%
188   1   0
Country
Canada
Region
ON/QC
UPDATE: as of 26/08/2021, the EU shipping issues have been solved, but I am required to declare a minimum value of 150 euros (even if the merchandise is worth less) on which you will be charged your local VAT upon delivery.

UPDATE
as of 14/11/2022 the board PCB colour is purple.

UPDATE as of 11/09/2023: An A2000 Kipper CPU slot adapter is now available instead of the A500 relocator. This adapter still requires you to remove the CPU from the motherboard but now you can plug the 536 directly into the A2000 CPU slot.

DISCLAIMER: The boards for sale in this post are genuine, with the TF logo and come directly from Stephen. When you receive the board you have 30 days to evaluate it, and you can decide to return if it you don't like it. In this case, you will get your full refund, but the return postage will be on the buyer.
This card is a port of the TF330 to the A500 and as such it features the same specs: 64MB ZIII SDRam, 68030 CPU clocked at 50 MHz and IDE interface. The performance is roughly identical to that of the 330. All the cards are currently shipping with a gold top rev C CPU.

The card needs kickstart 37.300 or higher to be able to boot from the IDE (3.1 recommended). Update: all boards shipped on or after March 31st, 2021 contain RC3 updated firmware that solves certain IDE bugs. Older cards can be also updated.

Options available:
1) TF536 card only $155 USD
2) TF536 card + A500 relocator $160 USD
3) TF536 card + A2000 cpu slot adapter $160 USD

Option:
add a compatible 8GB CF card+adapter for an extra $25. The IDE interface on the card is a bit picky about which adapters and CF cards it likes to work with. I have some of the compatible ones available that will guarantee the best transfer speed.

International buyers: please send PayPal payments as "friends & family" or add the relevant PayPal fee.
Canadian buyers: you can use interac e-transfer that is much cheaper than paypal.

Shipping to the USA is $10 tracked+insured.
Shipping to Australia/New Zealand is $27 (tracked+insured).
Shipping to Canada is based on location: PEI/NB/QC/ON: C$15, NL, NS, MB, SK, AB, BC: C$18

Shipping to Western Europe $22
Shipping to Eastern Europe $32

Also offered for sale elsewhere.

**Shipped to: Paradroid90, Challenger, Nowee, ifrit05, grbrady, Beska, upsnowman, Maximilian0017, manmax, rainbowat, voyager2, thomas_villagers, upsnowman, kiwatiger, marksealey and MarkJPK, IamGroot, chatopirulo, suppah, umberto1st, mlenardon, cugar124, lakrits, edolnx, nikoskon74, oldskool1, bartekmalyz, joeuser, nine, ericgla, JonathanHunt, matt020, Flash951, oldman1000, mlenardon, XLV2K, Fularu, radiokida, twbrown, knightstone, tandrews_ny, locnar, ErinW, cyberstormer, malandante, roliveira, peoy, jcm, gregvl, ThatTotalAge, insanity213, Drewlio77, WitchDoctorB, benur75, ElAhrairah, yanlt65, Mycohl, Bmrsred, a500guy, endsjustify, spACEj, m0c, netsurge, bukin, demolition, gmcn, jochen, surfer150, Waldheimer, Toasterific, Cloudscout, slugman, Ollis, Officer960, britlord, treintje, scarymanga, BoingBoing, Isense, raschwarz. hoshikawa, prasad, Niezgodka, jkdsteve, Kevvypops, Erdnuckel01, neophyterulez, rsquared, SmoothRunnings, kaikb1974, noebay, Cyb, soviet9922, JuMA, lilwashu, killian35, Lysergking, bobymiller, Nicke, kinchan, Rakeim132, mkdevil, tomtom16, skylight, roc, Andry, DaMi, PunkyClown, Radi777, keiko, grega, raivari, fery1200, gregvl, Cerv, aotta, Dale423, Bennehboy, njspencer79, Bunta714, Tech, xdaniel, DiabloV, Gravislord, tjeuk, QuietBear, BlizAm, wrgenius, spaceman, gdunlapsd, kleinie, thebiga, slingshot...

FAQS:

Q: Will this card work on the A1000?
A: Not without a kickstart ROM adapter. The default A1000 roms crash on 68030.

Q: Will this card work on the A2000/CDTV?
A: All the boards shipped on August 3rd, 2020 and later have the firmware that fixes the A2000 compatibility issues. Earlier boards can be flashed with a new firmware.

The board will NOT fit inside the CDTV. You need a custom built board with a soldered CPU and/or a special relocator to be able to use this in a CDTV, but since I don't have this machine, I cannot offer this service.
The SCSI adapters that attempt to DMA into Z3 RAM also won't work (e.g. Commodore A2091).

Q: Is the A500 relocator necessary to use this card?
A: Not at all, it is only necessary to be able to close the A500 case.

Q: What IDE device can I use?
A: You should be able to use most CF cards. There are certain that will perform slowly, in which case you should switch to a different type. I recommend using the ebay 8GB "blue and white" cards as these seem to perform the fastest. Also please make sure to use a V.H2 CF card adapter. The card adapters with extra transistors won't work.

Q: My IDE performance is very slow, what can I do?
A: Copy the kickstart image into fast ram (via CPU FASTROM option or the MMU library) and the overall performance will increase significantly. If this does not help, try a different brand of CF card (see above).

Q: I can't get the card to boot.
A: Please ensure that you have plugged it properly. Check that every pin is aligned exactly with the 68000 socket. Some A500/A2000 motherboards have a tall cap that may prevent the expansion from being plugged in. In this case you may have to bend or replace the capacitor.

Q: Will this card work on Atari ST?
A: No, you need a special Atari firmware that is not available from me (no way to test).

Make sure to check my other boards for sale:

TF1232
TF330
TF1260
TF360

Attachments

• aibb.png
    aibb.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 137
  • sysinfo.png
    sysinfo.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 153
  • indivision.jpg
    indivision.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7102.JPG
    IMG_7102.JPG
    406.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7100.JPG
    IMG_7100.JPG
    360.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hello AlenPPC,
What would the card cost without the 68030 but tested as normal?

Thanks!!
Marcel

Edit: Will this also work with an A2000 (CPU board) relocator?, and do you also sell those?

Last edited:
Hi AlenPPC will this work the relocator from TF534 from DJCook? Presume it does. I am interested in at least the board

AlenPPC,

I got rid of my TF534 because I was memory starved with my ZZ. But this has 64Mb of RAM.
Very interesting card. Have you tested this with the A2000?

Thank-you.

Hi AlenPPC will this work the relocator from TF534 from DJCook? Presume it does. I am interested in at least the board

Every relocator performs the same function, so it should work just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

AlenPPC,

I got rid of my TF534 because I was memory starved with my ZZ. But this has 64Mb of RAM.

Thank-you.

I don't have an A2000 to test it with, but Stephen who designed the board did so, so it should work fine.

AlenPPC,

Thank-you.

I don't have an A2000 to test it with, but Stephen who designed the board did so, so it should work fine.

Ok thank-you. Now you have me thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALL

please remember asking for splits is NOT allowed as is commenting on the Price.
Also the OP is not allowed to offer a split to a direct question ( How much if i don't have this part..... DO NOT REPLY )

if there is no option to split ( for example without CPU ) DO NOT ASK.

also asking for a shipping quote , will it work in XYZ etc is not a declaration of interest so please dont be ambiguous in your requests to have disappointment later

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Alen,

Is there an option to ship it with a gold top 030 CPU (full version with MMU, etc)?

Cheers,
Matt.

Back
Top Bottom