AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Helsinki
Hi!

I would like to buy a disk notcher. Someone stole mine in 1998 and I still have a disk notcher shaped hole left in my heart in 2008.

Grey suncom preferred, but other brands accepted also. :)

** Edited by SkydivinGirl **
Removed your email address. People should contact you via PM. :-D

[edit: Jope]
Please explain? Why PM? I like email, so I'd like to have people contact me via that. Keeps all the replies I get to my stuff in one single place, namely my inbox. :)

vjouppi@sci.fi

If you're afraid I get spammed, this account has been in my use since 1996.. It is on every single spammer address CD. Let's just say that I have good spam blockers installed. :)

Re: Disknotcher

Hiya Jope!!!
it could be a nice idea to update yer profile to indicate you are located in Finland :mrgreen: some people might miss that 8)

I hope you are able to find one on here. I ended up getting mine from an auction on the other bay. I see them there quite often.

Good luck!

Heather

Thanks.. :)

I'm not actively looking for one, but hopefully this thread will do the looking for me.

Please explain? Why PM? I like email, so I'd like to have people contact me via that. Keeps all the replies I get to my stuff in one single place, namely my inbox. :)
Hi Jope

We would normally remove all email addresses for the prevention of spam, but as you state this is not an issue for yourself so no problem.

May I point out that "if" this were a For Sale item then we would still have removed your email address in the interest of keeping a clear time line on the thread for us to administer should an issue arise, it is clear in the rules that any interest should be declared by PM first.

I hope this answers your question.

Gary

@imnogeek

Thanks for the explanation.

@jope

I totally understand your point. Good luck with the Disk Notcher! :D

Heather

imnogeek said:
May I point out that "if" this were a For Sale item then we would still have removed your email address in the interest of keeping a clear time line on the thread for us to administer should an issue arise, it is clear in the rules that any interest should be declared by PM first.

Ah, but:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29
rules said:
No silent bidding
You must post your purchase bid in the sellers original topic, clearly stating that you agree to pay the asking price for an item. Purchase bids by PM are not valid and against AmiBay rules.

So what difference does it make how the private communication happens, as long as they have first dibs in the thread? :) Or did I read the wrong rules thread? Please have them all in one place.

I understand why a site like this needs rules, but you guys are really quick on the trigger. Perhaps it would be better (not to mention less patronizing) if you contact the posters privately when you notice a breach and then discuss in private with that person.. Most of us are quite agreeable after all, no need to jump the guns, that only results in a defense reflex in your members.

This also helps in keeping the chatter out of the for sale threads, staying on topic is something I always strive for. :)

No hard feelings and I'm not mad or looking for a war, but let's discuss the issue since we're at it.

SkydivinGirl said:
I totally understand your point. Good luck with the Disk Notcher! :D

Thanks! :)

@jope
Thank you for pointing out my slip up and you are quite correct "you should declare in the thread before going to PM"
I understand you are not looking for an argument and you don't want your thread cluttered, so to that end may I suggest you start a new thread with any suggestions for the site here where it can be discussed.

Don't worry, I'm not uptight about it or anything. :-D

I think I'll have a ponder over the rules and start a discussion thread elsewhere about certain things that I feel are not clear enough.

AmiBay is needed in the community, keep up the good work. :)

I used a common hand held "hole punch" as a disk notcher for years. Granted, until I became a notching adept, I ruined quite a few 5 1/4" floppies. :Doh:

I used a common hand held "hole punch" as a disk notcher for years. Granted, until I became a notching adept, I ruined quite a few 5 1/4" floppies. :Doh:

Yeh, I have a hole punch with a cardboard insert I glued in. But a real disk notcher is superior. :)

Sending a PM...

Thanks, hope we can agree on a deal! :)

corre nice one, er can I ask for pictures plz as I havent seen one since the mid 80`s

Hehe, yeah I'll take a pic later.

In the meanwhile, this deal has gone forward nicely and I'm waiting for the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom