Amiga CD32 - CXA2075M Modification

Cassius1979

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Cheshire
Hi, has anyone experience with completing the above modification I’ve ordered the chip and resistor and read the schematics, can anyone point to which resistors and caps will require removing from the board prior to installing the CXA2075. Thanks.

Hi Bud, I have done this mod and you can remove the 4 square filter cans and some resistors, on my A600 I just removed the R221 and R223 resistors

incase you have not seen the website where this fix was shown, here it is , there are some pics on what components to remove

https://www.ikod.se/cxa2075m/

Last edited:
Cheers pal, that pretty much matches up to what I can see on the schematics but the extra diagrams for which capacitors to remove are a great help, I’ll be in touch in a few weeks :D

Question guys.

On game consoles that are equiped with 1145 chip can someone use the 2075M ?

Wow. This is very interesting!
But there is only information for the a1200 on the url signed.
Can any detail which components to remove on A600 and cd32?
For a600 R221 and R223 is named clear, but which capacitor? Cxxx
Cheers.

Wow. This is very interesting!
But there is only information for the a1200 on the url signed.
Can any detail which components to remove on A600 and cd32?
For a600 R221 and R223 is named clear, but which capacitor? Cxxx
Cheers.

Ask GoOse here, as he has done the mod on the CD32
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=415

Hey Seaside
I can`t answer that as I have never tried another game console but I cannot see why it will not work as it must be the same circuitry

I have tried this modification on an A1200 rev. 2B motherboard because of Z221 and Z222 failing and, while it does work, I have found that the CXA2075M gets very hot to the touch, as in, you can't leave your finger on it for too long. Has anyone found the same? Also I thought the picture was no where near as good as the original CXA1145M. I had a lot more of the spider effect around edges of objects through composite video with the CXA2075M than the original chip. Would love some feedback from others who may have tried this mod. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have done this on my A600 and it does not even get warm, and the picture is better with the CXA2705M but it is composite:), so you have the 2.61k resistor on the chip too ?

Yeah I have the 2.61k resistor connected properly. The chip gets insanely hot. Im wondering whether its a fake. I ordered 5 of them very cheaply on ebay. The first one i fitted didn’t produce a picture at all and was also stupidly hot, second one I fitted did produce a picture (albeit not as good a picture as the CXA1145M) and that is also very hot. Don’t want to have to keep fitting too many on there as I could eventually lift the pads due to heat stress.

Back
Top Bottom