For Sale 8501 7501 CPU replacement for C16 (CPU4C16) and PLUS4 (CPU4PLUS4)

MCes

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Rome
From the "85MC01" experience... https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...rk-in-progress

A pair of replacement 7501/8501 CPUs using a 6502A* N-MOS core - they can handle illegal opcodes!

"CPU4C16":a specific CPU replacement to fit into a
C16
"CPU4PLUS4":a specific CPU replacement to fit into a PLUS4

Tested also with "metamerism", "pets rescue",2 versions of "Elite","krill's loader", jiffydos, ......

Click image for larger version  Name:	CPU4PLUS4-a.jpg Views:	3 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	1586524

Click image for larger version  Name:	CPU4PLUS4-a.jpg Views:	3 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	1586524

Features:
A) normal sw N-MOS 6502 behaviour (as 8501, illegal opcode included)
B) The I/O bits are at right places: the self-turbo routines (loaders) will work
C) R/W line is put on 3state and HOLD like as 8501 timings spec
D) TBC technique applied to help the CPU, even in the "worst case", to match the correct bus timings
E) the 2 bytes ram under the CPU port will be not corrupted (on C16 they are reachable by their mirrored address)
F) (*) each 6502 (which you will already find included in the CPU replacement) are selected for 2 specs:
---1) it has to be an N-Mos,
---2) it has to match to the specifics bus timings

Remember that N-MOS 6502 chips are discontinued,
often on market the sold chips are refurbished and relabelled with a label different to the old one:
chips marked as "6502" may not be N-Mos as it have to be, and vice versa (C-MOS, so no execution of the illegal opcode).
I found a chip labelled as "W65C02S" (10MHz C-MOS) that is a 1MHz N-MOS, and some of not working chips marked as "MOS6502A" seem to be MC6809 Cpu...

This mod will be assembled on request, also on sale elsewhere.

The cost:
29€+untracked shipping cost: PPal "FOR FRIENDS" (I can't be responsible for untracked shipping)
29€+tracked shipping cost (+ eventual PPal fees if PPal "COMMERCIAL" )
PM me about the price of small lots of my different items
Other projects for C16 PLUS4 and combined shipping available.

Attachments

• P_20200608_104916.jpg
    P_20200608_104916.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 100
  • P_20200620_193153.jpg
    P_20200620_193153.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 82
  • CPU4PLUS4-a.jpg
    CPU4PLUS4-a.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I'm interested in 2, but need to know is it possible to ship to Serbia, and if it is, what is the postage for tracked option?

Last edited:
I'm interested in 2, but need to know is it possible to ship to Serbia, and if it is, what is the postage for tracked option?

Hi,
tracked shipping to Serbia (as in others europe destination) will be 10€
Have a look also at my others project for C16 (PLUS4, ....), I can combine shipping.

Special coupled offer: 1pc "CPU4C16" + 1pc "SMD64KxC16"= 40€ 35€

Last edited:
Is it installable in Plus/4 or it's C16 only?

Послато са Mi 9 Lite помоћу Тапатока

Hi,
Have a look also at my others project for C16 (PLUS4, ....), I can combine shipping.

Money received for
1x coupled offer (1pc "CPU4C16" + 1pc "SMD64KxC16")
1x additional "CPU4C16"
2x N-Mos ROMs (C16: basic, kernal_PAL) low power replacement
1x gift

Last edited:
What about compatibility?, my personal experience with your old 85MC01 was no good, most demos, actual homebrew, and 90th homebrew fail maybe because most of them use illegal opcodes.
I'm consider your 85MC01 as little best solution than 6510 adapters, specially for use with old commercial games of C16 era ( most of them not use ilegal opcodes ), but not good for homebrew or 64kb ram production, because most of the use illegal opcodes.

1- This new solution works good for example with Elite+4, Total Eclipse II, Sgt Helmet, Zombi, Gunfright, Knight Lore, Head Over Heels, Hazian Demo, Zennit Demo, Dream Time 2K17 and 2k18 demo ?
2- The CPU is included in the price ?
3- This solution can works at 2 Mhz for games like Elite ?

If answers are yes, please I need one unit with shipping cost to Spain.

Thanks in advance for your work and your products at reasonable prices.

Why not works on Plus4?

Last edited:

Hi,

Money received for
1x coupled offer (1pc "CPU4C16" + 1pc "SMD64KxC16")
1x additional "CPU4C16"
2x N-Mos ROMs (C16: basic, kernal_PAL) low power replacement
1x gift

shipped!

- - - Updated - - -

What about compatibility?, (...)
I'm consider your 85MC01 (..) for use with old commercial games of C16 era ( most of them not use ilegal opcodes ), but not good for homebrew or 64kb ram production, because most of the use illegal opcodes.
Exactly the use-target and the limits explained in 85MC01 thread.

1- This new solution works good for example with Elite+4, Total Eclipse II, Sgt Helmet, Zombi, Gunfright, Knight Lore, Head Over Heels, Hazian Demo, Zennit Demo, Dream Time 2K17 and 2k18 demo ?
Read the starting post: there is no reasons for sw incompatibilities, also the illegal opcode is well executed.
I found 2 versions of "Elite", both of them work (see new pics into starting post), if you want that I test it with another pair of sw please PM me a link for downloading them.
2- The CPU is included in the price ?
Yes. it is

3- This solution can works at 2 Mhz for games like Elite ?

Elite: Already answered (Also during the raster border-time the CPU run always at double frequency)

If answers are yes, please I need one unit with shipping cost to Spain.

Thanks in advance for your work and your products at reasonable prices.

Why not works on Plus4?

tracked shipping to Spain (as in others europe destination) will be 10€,
CPU4C16 can't be used on PLUS4 exclusively because mechanically it can't be fitted inside the free space of the motherboard (its shape is developed for fitting the C16 motherboard)

Last edited:
I don’t know what happened to my last post but I would like to purchase 1 Cpu4C16. What is shipping cost to Washington state in the USA?
Also, should this work with other 64k ram upgrade for the Commodore 16?

Package received and everything working great so far - thank you!

I am always happy to hear that people are satisfied: thanks to you!

Positive fb received and sent

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know what happened to my last post but I would like to purchase 1 Cpu4C16. What is shipping cost to Washington state in the USA?
Also, should this work with other 64k ram upgrade for the Commodore 16?

The shipment cost to USA is 12€, if you need combined shipment the price will be the same (I will absorb the overweight fees).

CPU4C16 was developed respecting the BUS specifications resulting in high compatibility.
CPU4C16 work also with 64k static ram expansion without problem, like as you can see on pics of starting post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom