For Sale AMIGA Over voltage protector V2.0 - Exclusive edition -

My 2 cents about this OVP.

I had a MeanWell RT-65B PSU for my vamped A600. Suddendly it switched off and started smelling of smoke and the internal led started blinking. I don't know why, but it's a very bad, bad signal of decay.
I decided not to use it anymore and got a replacement one.

Meanwhile I made a A600 psu out of an old PC ATX PSU (a PerDoon 400W I found at work). That PSU was above the maximum Ampere power tolerated by the A600, so I decided not to use and buy a OVP.

Well, I can say this OVP saved my A600 from frying.

Last but not least, maybe the most important part of the post.
I don't know how but the OVP got broken: no way to make it work.

Since I'm no expert on electronics, I reached out axel81 via PM and he helped me asking me to buy&change the fuses.

Now my OVP is working perfectly.

Once again. I can assure it's a useful object made by a trustworthy and kind (and patient...........) seller.

My 2 cents about this OVP.

I had a MeanWell RT-65B PSU for my vamped A600. Suddendly it switched off and started smelling of smoke and the internal led started blinking. I don't know why, but it's a very bad, bad signal of decay.
I decided not to use it anymore and got a replacement one.

Meanwhile I made a A600 psu out of an old PC ATX PSU (a PerDoon 400W I found at work). That PSU was above the maximum Ampere power tolerated by the A600, so I decided not to use and buy a OVP.

Well, I can say this OVP saved my A600 from frying.

Last but not least, maybe the most important part of the post.
I don't know how but the OVP got broken: no way to make it work.

Since I'm no expert on electronics, I reached out axel81 via PM and he helped me asking me to buy&change the fuses.

Now my OVP is working perfectly.

Once again. I can assure it's a useful object made by a trustworthy and kind (and patient...........) seller.

First of all I'm really glad I saved your Amiga ... from frying!:cool:

Secondly, thank you for your trust and for purchasing the OVP which, as I have always said, is very very useful and life-saving even with the new switching power supplies.

The proof is that a Mr. Meanwell despite having all the voltage / current protection broke ... but without the OVP you would have fried your Amiga ..!

Hello!

Interested by a pair! Silly question perhaps, could I get black leads for one of these? my 1200 is entirely black...

IM follows

Best,

Nowee

I would like to declare interest in one adaptor suitable for the CD32.

As the previous poster has requested, I would also please like the cables all black, if that is an option? :)

hi - i am not the client for this device, but I am just curious: did you use something like MAX1610 series premade items or you built something from scratch from analog?
I treat it like a puzzle :) Because you could also go berserk mode and use the "reference 5V" source and op-amp to compare 5V line with reference.
Just curious if that's ok - I am not building one, nor buying.

Hello!

Interested by a pair! Silly question perhaps, could I get black leads for one of these? my 1200 is entirely black...

IM follows

Best,

Nowee

Payment received thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

hi - i am not the client for this device, but I am just curious: did you use something like MAX1610 series premade items or you built something from scratch from analog?
I treat it like a puzzle :) Because you could also go berserk mode and use the "reference 5V" source and op-amp to compare 5V line with reference.
Just curious if that's ok - I am not building one, nor buying.

Hi man
built and made by my analog project..;)

interesting - my guess would be that normal transients methods are not that fast. Not to mention fuses. Diodes are not that accurate.
If you went total overkill (as per my skills), I would use the referential voltage source 5v and 12v and check with the available signal using high gain opAmp. Everything would be enabled/disabled by mosfet with dedicated driver. Give me a wink if it's this direction or I am simply too stupid and do something else.

But anyway what I would do is I would use integrated detectors available with guaranteed 2uS scale of time (i.e. from TI) and that would be driving my output mosfets (with very low Ron). 2-5uS for detection, some time to open and close mosfet. Anyway.... have a good weekend :)

interesting - my guess would be that normal transients methods are not that fast. Not to mention fuses. Diodes are not that accurate.
If you went total overkill (as per my skills), I would use the referential voltage source 5v and 12v and check with the available signal using high gain opAmp. Everything would be enabled/disabled by mosfet with dedicated driver. Give me a wink if it's this direction or I am simply too stupid and do something else.

But anyway what I would do is I would use integrated detectors available with guaranteed 2uS scale of time (i.e. from TI) and that would be driving my output mosfets (with very low Ron). 2-5uS for detection, some time to open and close mosfet. Anyway.... have a good weekend :)

;)

No relay on board..as you know is not fast if compared to semiconductor

So here there is a friend who had a bad "overvoltage" experience with a crazy Meanwell .. and thanks to this OVP saved his Amiga from frying ... not fish frying: D

Nice weekend you too ;)

Hello!

Received the package. The use of the Din is brilliant!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom