Distorted sprites on Amiga 1200

mhoeller

Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
Hey,

In some games it seems that some sprites are getting scrambled or distorted, while other games run perfectly fine. Please see attached screenshot of the issue.
The game in the picture is Rome AD92 loaded with WHDLoad. Any idea what that could be?

thanks!

IMG_9312.jpg

The first question with any A1200 - Has it been recapped yet?

Bryce.

No, it has not been recapped. May a faulty cap cause these glitches? If so, why does it only happen in some games and not in others?

Name your hardware and monitor. My A1200 hasn't been recapped since 25 years now and still rocks.

It is a an A1200 with 3.1 Kick ROM. It has a 4MB Fast RAM expansion card and an Indivision AGA MK II connected to my Dell screen via an HDMI cable. I use a CF card as the HD.

Here is a screenshot from SYSINFO:
sysinfo.jpg

Last edited:
Try to run Rome 92AD from disks (not WhdLoad); I don't remember if you have to enter the Early Startup Menu to disable caches or the game runs flawlessly on an A1200. Also it's good to find an original RGB monitor to connect your Amiga in case that the Indivision is faulty.

Yes, a leaking capacitor could cause that. I'd get it recapped first and see if the problem is still there. @J.T.Kirk: I'd get your A1200 recapped too, otherwise you could be in for a nasty suprise when it fails and too much damage has already been done.

Bryce.

Ok, thanks for the hints. I'll try to get access to some floppy disks and try with that. I'll also check if I can find a service for getting the A1200 recapped or if I can do it myself.

I fixed it! Turns out i had not set the MaxTransfer setting of my internal CF Card to 0x1fe00. After changing that everything works nicely.

Back
Top Bottom