Not open for further replies.

grbrady

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
US
Region
MD
I’m looking for a power switch for my 1084S-P monitor. I believe it is a Preh model ME5A switch, but it seems it has been discontinued and is almost impossible to find. I’m expecting to pay a significant premium over the previous sales on Amibay. Does anyone have one they can part with?

I solved my problem with power switches. I found a switch on Aliexpress which is more or less identical to the one in the 1084S-P (see link below.) It may not work as well in other Commodore monitors that require small round pins that go into holes in a PCB. I suspect the quality is probably poorer than the original, but it feels ok and has markings for UL, CSA, etc. on it (which may not be genuine.)

Since they need to be ordered in quantities of 5 or 20 I have a few left on hand. I plan to keep a couple for myself in case the one I installed breaks. But, if anyone needs one, let me know and I may be able to help you out more quickly than ordering from China.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000627585066.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2a284c4dIpsUf3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom