Found the replacement for rubber feet for Amiga/C64/C128 in the wild

CaptainWibblyWobbly

Country
UK
Region
South West
Hello all,

I was looking for the replacement rubber feet for a fleet of my devices (C64/1541/128/A500/A1200), since with the time they go either rock hard and start to crumble or they go sticky.
Some online retailer have replacements (some better, some worse, and some useless), I also scraped the web for all the info I could find and turned out a lot of people were saying that 3M is doing (did) the original ones. So after hours of research I think I have found all the information that could help you guys. Leaving it here for all the other peeps.

These are virtually the same - same colour, same size, same hight and shape as the most popular rubber feet Commodore did use (I am aware that on some Amiga models, Commodore used a bit different type of rubber feet, but these are rare).

Product name: 3M™ Bumpon™ Protective Products
Product number: SJ-5012 (WHITE) - note: the "white" ones are the "cream white", the "true white" are "white white", so you need "white" :)

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media...-products-molded-shapes-colored-and-clear.pdf

They are available at:
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDet...lty/SJ-5012-WHITE?qs=ItEYEd4DnG3Bdxbq5dgnAg==

If you know any other sources for them, add them in the comments please (Mouser has crazy high delivery charges for small orders in the EU and the UK ).

IMG_7086 copy.jpgIMG_7088 copy.jpgIMG_7087 copy.jpgIMG_7085 copy.jpg

Great find, thanks! I will also get some black ones, for my competition pro joysticks.
Does anyone know where to find new rubber feet for the A1000?

Sorry to say this but I found that out around 2007. I didn't post about it here on Amibay because another guy, mrr19121970 was offering them.

I have them in white, grey and black...

Oh, it wasn't my intention to **** on someone else's steps.

Let's hope mrr19121970 can still sell his stock, especially that Mouser requires large quantities to be ordered or they will charge you ~£12/€15 for delivery.

Back
Top Bottom