Closed Retro full size ATX case (desktop/horizontal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeroon

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Friesland
Hi! For one of my retro builds I'm looking for a desktop/horizontal ATX case - not a tower. It needs to support full size ATX motherboards with 7 slots (AGP/PCI/ISA).

Unfortunately those cases are not build anymore, with an exception for HTPC systems (which I don't like for this purpose). Most cases I find only support mini of micro ATX, so I'm really looking for cases of the Pentium II / III era. Dell and Compaq used to make them, but there were also a lot of no-name cases for clones. I used to own a few, but gave them away after the year 2000.

A PSU would be nice, as well as a mounted 3,5" FDD, but it's not necessary. Maybe some of you have an empty case or a system that's not in use anymore. Preferably from Europe because of shipping costs for large items. Note: no AT cases :p

bcl11.jpg

Last edited:
I have a complete computer as per photos:

Should be some Pentium 3 system.

I have a complete computer as per photos:
Thank you very much for your reply kixs! That seems to be a suitable case. But because of the yellowing, it wouldn't be my first choice - for now. Though if I find nothing else, I can always paint or retrobrite it.:p

- - - Updated - - -

evercase still sells them new: http://www.evercase.co.uk/PDFFilesandForms/ECE1255.ECE1135.pdf they're not the prettiest, but functionally what you're looking for ^^ can be found on ebay as well.
Thanks for the link imicat! I did notice them on eBay, but nice to know they have their own site. Functionally they look okay, though (as you said) not the prettiest and a bit expensive too. But it's nice that there's a company that jumps into the needs of retro builders. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom