Closed Intel Workstation: Xeon w2687v2, Asus P9X79WS, 64GB RAM, 7979OC AMD, more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTrinsic

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Leverkusen
Hi all,

after some great years with a great workstation, I finally decided to upgrade my computer.
This could be a good chance for you to build a rock-stable machine if you dont need raw CPU power but a lot of cores (16!, see below) and lots of RAM (64GB!!).

Please note that I do offer the modded BIOS that I used to attach an NVMe to this board, the adapter PCIe-> NVMe is included.
The resulting speeds were achieves with a WD black 1TB NVMe-SSD which is NOT included.

The CrystalMark Results with 2 numbers of tests and all other paramaters untouched:
Read [MB/S]: 3428, 2150, 553, 28
Write [MB/S]: 3067, 2496, 590, 43

So here is the overview of the system:

1. Intel Xeon E5 2687w v2 @ 3.4 GHz, 25 MB Cache
  2. ASUS P9X79 WS Workstation Motherboard incl. Firewire and Serial
  3. Silverstone Cooler with Noctua 12cm cooler
    The cooler was slighlty bended so that it would my case (Original Level 10 Tehrmaltak, NOT for sale).
  4. 64 GB Corsair RAM
  5. Sapphire HD7970 OC Radeon 3GB GDDR5, Tahiti Core
  6. MicroTik 14eU PCIe to Quad-MiniPCIe (might be picky about cards)
  7. Silverstone PCIe to NVMe Adapter
  8. PCIe to MiniPCIe-Adapter with ASUS WLAN & Bluetooth Card installed, also cables included for external antennas
  9. ComPro Video Mate DVB-TV and Video Capture Card.
    Interesting Cards, allows onboard cardware MPEG encoding!
  10. One Noctua 12cm silent fan, one 12cm Thermaltake Fan with red LED and one 14cm Thermaltake Fan with red LED
  11. A Windows MCE remote (IR)

Asking 430€ (was: 500€) plus shipping.
Shipping will be noteworthy, as e.g. the cooler does weight something.
I would prefer to ship with the cooler installed.

Payment via bank transfer or Paypal, playpal plus paypal fees by the buyer.

ZZ_Ownership.JPG9_I_WLAN_Cables.JPG8_H_Quad_MiniPCIE_Back.JPG7_G_Quad_MiniPCIE_Front.JPG6_F_GPU_Back.JPG5_E_GPU_Front.JPG4_D_Board_Memory.JPG3_C_Memory.JPG2_B_Board_Cooler_Back.JPG1_A_Board-Cooler.JPG7_G_Quad_MiniPCIE_Front.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom