A4000 Connection To Modern Monitor

panzerman

Country
England, United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Hello, I have an A4000/030 that I use on a 1942 monitor, well I did. Said monitor is now kaput !! can anyone recommend a modern monitor / tv that I could use and what cables etc required.
Any pointers in that direction would be welcome.
I have a Samsung C27F390 27-inch Curved LED Monitor - HDMI, VGA, a BenQ GW2270H 21.5 Inch Flicker Free LED Monitor and an LG L1811S Monitor at my disposal and a Cello TV/Monitor.
Any help will be a Godsend, Thank You.
Panzerman

[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

Thank you for the info. I was just wondering about using a modern monitor and what was needed. On place like YouTube etc the information is sketchy at best. As I was considering selling the A4000 I was just contemplating a cheap option.
Thank you very much for the response, it is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Philip

You have quite a few options with the A4000, you get get a Zorro Graphics Card such as the Picasso or Cybervisions, they will use VGA and the Picassio IV if you have deep pockets will scan double and pass through the native AGA as well.

If you just want to output the normal RGB there are a few VGA screens out there that are compatible with 15khz so you would just need an RGB-VGA adapter if you find an appropriate screen. (Your BenQ might be a candidate)

If you would like to use HDMI then you need either an OSSC Upscaler or something like an Indivision AGA

A cheaper solution if you don't mind a slightly older TV is one that has a RGB Scart Socket, you will get a lovely picture with an RGB-Scart Lead, I have a nice Sony 32in TV that has Scart/HDMI/etc and it's perfect for my Retro kit.

Last edited:
It's possible but awkward to use Amiga with a normal LCD TV like steve says. You use SCART connection for games or PAL screen resolution, and VGA cable for highres modes like productivity or super72.

But honestly I think best is to get the 1942 repaired.

Thank you very much for your input, it is appreciated. Someone has suggested getting it repaired but at the minute with present restrictions and my own circumstances it would be difficult. I also use Raspberry Pi for some Amiga gaming aspects so I may just sit on my problem for a bit. There are a lot of nice decent folk on here. Maybe I might just sell the 4000 as is.. we'll see. xx

Back
Top Bottom