Country
France
Region
Hades Nebula
Does anyone know what is this card ?

07186ed89598aae8c555d09ac23f1daa.jpg

d436cab1d1760cf732fdb640076ae88a.jpg

Thanks [emoji6]

Possibly an extremely old AUI Network card?

Bryce.

I don't think this is for the PC. Not ISA or any other bus that I've seen in a PC.

Last edited:
It is supposed to be an Amiga card, but never saw one like this before...

Last edited:
only things I can think of of the top of my head that used these 15-pin D-Sub connectors are AUI (a very early Ethernet format), PC Game Port, and possibly a few non-PC RGB connections...

other intriguing things on this card...

the POT near the bottom for selecting/adjusting something (network address? just assuming AUI, here)
2 spots for what look like crystal oscillators (DIL-14), with a jumper next to each (removed if you solder a crystal in place, I suppose)
a teeny tiny battery in the top right to provide a trickle charge for when the machine is off.... for something... (the network address? but wouldn't a jumper(s) simply suffice...)

it's an odd one...

Copyright (C) Digital Art System 199(0 or 3) by EFK

Last edited:
If you took a picture of the lettering on the card, that might reveal what this card was used for.

Looks like it says "Digital Art System" with a copyright of 199(?).

Why 15pin on the port? what uses 15pins... only things that spring to mind are 15pin gameports on a pc and I dont believe its that!
The Atari ST uses it, but what about old Macs?

Then you notice the stereo 1/4 inch audio jack, somebody went to the trouble of ensuring dust did not get into it, judging by the little cover on it.

I keep thinking this is some kind of capture-card or even a drawing tablet interface card? stabbing widly at the dark though lol

Also who would go to the trouble of sanding all of the chips down? reminds me of what Datel or Power Computing used to do.

EDIT: Do you have better pictures and does it have a box?

Last edited:
Why 15pin on the port? what uses 15pins... only things that spring to mind are 15pin gameports on a pc and I dont believe its that!

As I mentioned above: AUI Network cards used a 15pin DIN connection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_Unit_Interface

That still doesn't explain the 1/4 inch socket though. I'd suggest powering the card up and seeing what voltages are on the 15 pins and compare it to known protocols.

Bryce.

Looks more like an early era sound mixing card, something like the ACT Prelude. Could have been made specifically for the professional recording studios perhaps(?)

Like the Prelude, the 15pin DIN might have been for a custom cable ordered at the time of purchase to interface with whatever equipment the studio already possessed.

Have found a picture online of 2 earlier variants, circa 1989 from EFK - no other pictures discovered yet

Judging by the careful removal of the chip numbers, it looks like somebody didn't want their product cloned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom