AMIGA 4000 - No HD led

Nicke

Country
Sweden
Region
Gävleborg
Hi,
I have a A4000 that are giving me some trouble.
I have recapped the board. Now the HD led is permantly off. I have checked the led and it's fine. I have also checked all the caps and those are installed just fine. Does anyone of you experience this problem aswell? What could be the problem?

Hi,

It’s probably a cut track on the PCB.
the IDE LED track is close to the RTC battery.

Close to RAM sockets, there is an IC. Check with a multimeter (continuity tester) and with the awesome Amiga PCB explorer all tracks going to this chip.

Good luck and let me know if you succeed (or not)!

Cheers!

Thank you for the answer Bwana!
I will follow your instructions and report back to you!
I just changed R905 with no succes.

Cheers!

If you cant figure it out.... if it was my A4000, I would wire up the LED to the pin out on the HDD for LED activity. I did this with my A2000 as the HDD LED is a plug/connector for the A2091 and other SCSI cards, but I have a TF536 with IDE compact flash card. Cut and connected up one side of the LED to pin 39 (i think it was pin 39) on the IDE and the other side to +5v with a 330ohm resistor in line, and then I had HDD LED!!!!

It was a broken trace!!! Just like you said Bwana. Under the first ram socket it looked like battery acid had eaten away a connection. I took a wire and wired it to the next connection using Pcb explorer.

Thanks alot. Now I have a working LED.

Thanks Matt020, if Bwanas trick wouldent fix this problem your solution
Would be next up.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom