Thread: New replacement PCB for the Apollo 1240 / 1260

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    DK
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Default New replacement PCB for the Apollo 1240 / 1260

Hi, have purchased a very damaged card, more than I initially thought oing by the photos sent by the seller.

Looking for a replacement PCB, preferably in Europe. I have seen cards featuring these replacement PCB's before, so they are out there.

PM price and other details.

Thanks!

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Helsinki
    Feedback
    137 (100%)

Did you purchase it from the Ebay seller who had two faulty ones on sale a couple of weeks back? I purchased one and the battery that "had been removed as a pre-caution" had leaked quite a bit and had to send it over to hese to be sorted. Got it back the same week I sent it out, bless him. Chucky makes the replacement PCBs though so he's your man to fix it if the PCB is ruined.
    Last edited by NoPyroNoParty; 1st October 2020 at 09:46.

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    DK
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Yes I did. The PCB looks quite good on this one, but it is dead as a doornail. The battery had definitely leaked, but not much, and it looks as though the tracers are all good. However, this does not distract from the fact the card s indeed very defective. I've tried to swap the f74 chip next to the battery, but to no avail. Oh, well, at least the 68060 CPU was cheap. (and socketed)

But the new PCB is for another Apollo I bought, here, which was in a much more sordid state that I had initially envisioned. Strangely enough, although it looked like my 9 year old son had run amok with a soldering iron, THAT card actually DOES boot, but cannot recognize any RAM.

My plan is to resurrect one card, and than hopefully the next. Bought a CSA Twelve Gauge, same online place, just so I have SOMETHING to speed up the A1200, and also due to me owning a CSA Mega Midget Racer for the A500 - and the name "Twelve Gauge" sounds positively bad-ass!

Thanks for your post. Glad the 1240 went to a good home.