Amiga 500 rev6 (1MB chip agnus), PAL, prefitted with TF536, 64MB fast RAM, Gotek + OLED display, SD card adapter, new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Somerset
Hello,

I'm selling one of my A500s. I had intended to use this a lot more, but ended up switching to an A500+ model. As a result, I've put some spare upgrades into this one and am putting it up for sale.

Specifications:
  • A500 Revision 6A motherboard
  • Chicken-lips badge case
  • 1MB PAL Agnus - has not been modified for 1MB chip RAM but this is a simple change and is well documented (I did not perform the change because I used this with an ACA500+, see another listing for that expansion)
  • 512KB chip RAM, 512KB ranger RAM (known as slow RAM as well)
  • Floppy drive replaced with Gotek, speaker added, OLED display and firmware upgraded to flashfloppy
  • Kickstart replaced with 3.X ROM, supporting >8GB disks (please use a modern HDToolBox or HDInstTools to set it up)
  • Terriblefire TF536 board fitted, with relocator. I've kapton-taped some internal areas and the tops of some capacitors to avoid any incidental contact
  • CPU is 68030 with MMU, very likely the RP33 model (it is a plastic package) but I have not removed the heatsink to check - it has run stable for hours on end, with very little heat dissipation
  • 64MB Fast RAM
  • IDE to SD card adapter, fitted with 512MB card but you can very easily change that
  • Replacement PSU utilising recently manufactured square DIN from new-old-stock Cisco PSU (see pictures)
  • Overall very good condition - you can even remove the protective film on the C= logo if you so choose (I didn't)
  • A501 expansion - shielding & battery removed, extremely light leakage neutralised, and CR2032 circuit with charge protection diode fitted (battery not included)
  • UK layout keyboard, all working fine

Mouse not supplied - I've been using a Raspberry Pi Zero running STuffEmu and a USB mouse. You can have that if you so choose, I'm not fussed. But I cannot supply an Amiga mouse.

Modulator available if required, though these will be untested.

Now, some additional and very important details. This has been very, very, very gently retrobrighted. I am aware of the risks in doing so, and restricted the time to only 3 hours in the weak British sun. There was very heavy yellowing beforehand, shadowing on keys, and an inconsistent yellow across the whole case. I used cream & food wrap and the overall effect was very dramatic. The case is very stable and has no powdering or brittleness.

There are some cosmetic marks from the original owner. Most prominent are a scratch on the underside (see picture) at the front, and around the floppy disk hole.

The Gotek has been altered so that the USB socket, buttons and OLED display are accessible through the drive hole. I didn't want anything hanging out of the case so refrained from modifications which detract from the visual appearance of the A500.

It is shipped assembled and ready to use though I would recommend any recipient open and check everything is seated firmly BEFORE powering on.

Keyboard is in good working order. I have stripped down the whole machine, cleaned and reassembled. It is looking fabulous and makes a wonderful fast Amiga. I have a similar spec machine as my workhorse Amiga and absolutely love it.

Sale is for £400 GBP excluding delivery, which can be negotiated upon or prior to sale (to be paid by the buyer). I'm flexible as to how it is to be shipped or collected if required. I'm located in South West England.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom