Blogger
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Country
England
Region
Yorkshire
Hi all,

For sale is my CyberStorm Mk1 060 at 50mhz with 128MB ram. The 060 is an XC68EC060RC60 however both FPU and MMU appear to be fully operational, and tested with Quake (fpu) and mmulibs (mmu).

This accelerator is fully working and is stable with all 128MB ram. I have recently soak-tested it for several hours in my A4000 and it works without issue. The machine has a mediator, 64mb motherboard hack, sfx psu, programmable EPROMs for kickstart roms plus a whole host of zorro and Pci cards, so I’m happy that the accelerator works in such a complicated system

This accelerator does not have on-board roms, so kickstart roms will require the fpu patch for exec - buyers will require 3.1.4 roms or patched kickstart roms (similar to A3640/060 boards or A3660 boards). I can provide suitably patched A4000 roms.

There are some issues to be aware of about this board: I bought it several years ago and it worked perfectly for me, however when I lent it to a friend it stopped working within a week (his entire machine stopped working at the same time too, so I suspect something happened to the machine which affected the accelerator). The board subsequently went to several well-known hardware gurus in the community to be fixed however none could help it even after much of the soldering was checked and reworked where necessary. Recently another well known and respected Amiga hardware guru worked out that some of the TTL chips on the cpu board needed replacing, and once this was done the board sprang back to life.

So buyers must be aware that this is a resurrected accelerator, and the CyberStorm mk1’s design means it requires care when handling. The board also requires good support when installed, so stand-offs are highly recommended to ensure both main board and cpu board are level - I will provide stand-offs for the cpu board.

I’m selling now because in the time the board has been away I have found replacements for all my big box amigas, so this lovely old board is surplus to my needs. Potential buyers must only express interest if they acknowledge this accelerator’s repaired status - it works now but if it stops working in one week or one month or year, you can’t say you didn’t know it’s history. Caveat emptor!

UK and EU only as it is too expensive and risky to ship worldwide.

£500 (was £550) plus postage, PayPal f&f or buyer pays additional fees. Express interest and PM if interested or require more information.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you mean, Stan? The EPROMs I mention are for kickstart, not roms on the CSMk1 itself. I highlighted them because there have been anecdotal accounts that programmable EPROMs might cause issues with some accelerators. This accelerator works fine with EPROMs and normal kickstart roms. I have amended the original post for
clarity.

it is worth mentioning that this is an A4000 only a accelerator - it is not designed to fit in a 3000

Last edited:
Ok, I see, so this board is currently operating ok by virtue of the kickstart roms I’m using which have the 060 fpu disable code (which people use with their A3660 cards)? And without the original CSmk1 boot rom it will loop?

so modified kickstart roms, or OS3.1.4 roms necessary?

Ok, thanks for the info! I will amend the first post accordingly :)

I can supply suitable 4000 3.1 roms with the necessary patch

Last edited:
PM’s exchanged with Falcon_11 and a deal agreed, so awaiting payment and postage address.

The accelerator has been packaged up ready for shipment. All double boxed, with memory board in its own box, accelerator in its own box, and roms/standoffs in own box. Main box has bubble wrap and filling plus foam and cardboard dividers.

Last edited:
payment received :) Will try and post this afternoon. tracking details will be sent by PM

- - - Updated - - -

Posted, tracking information sent via PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom