lewism

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Highlands
External Cumana CAX 354 1mb floppy drive in good working condition. This one has an enable/disable switch on the front.

£15 + shipping

SOLD to warr8or29

RwlRIVz.jpeg

NlXZUgu.jpeg

Last edited:
1 megabyte?

Can you give more detail? What is the formatted capacity? My understanding is that with Amiga it is 880k or 1.7mb, and nothing in between.

Hi
i'm interested on behalf of a friend, next in line and have questions.

Hi

You are currently first in line as you've expressed interest

1 megabyte?

Can you give more detail? What is the formatted capacity? My understanding is that with Amiga it is 880k or 1.7mb, and nothing in between.

warr8or29 asked the asked basically the same question, I didn't realise until I turned it over to take the picture that it was capable of reading anything other than double density amiga disks, I'll do some research later and let you know the answers

Hi

Next in line.
Is it possible to use it inside of an A2000?

I don't know - warr8or29 has asked me if it's the original drive inside so I may have a look inside the case later and take a photo if that helps.

Hi
i'm interested...I don't know what turn I have in line.
But I wait my turn.

Last edited:
I think all the above interested people want to know if the actual drive in there is one of the famous Chinon FB-357a or the Chinon FB-354a.
If it is the first one, it would be able to write 1,78MB (2MB unformatted). And that drive is also the stock floppy drive for an Amiga 4000d.
The FB-354a is supplied in an A500 and A3000 and would be able to write 880kB (1 MB unformatted).

I think, what they want to know, is if the drive is one of the drives that are like those that came with A2000, which are a bit taller than regular 3.5" drives ( and thats why if you add eg a gotek in the A2000, theres a gap in the fascia ) . Unless its an issue of aspect ratio of the photo, the drive in the ad does look a bit taller than regular 3.5" drives.

IMG_1008-768x576.jpg

Last edited:
Interest confirmed for the drive, whatever capacity it can handle :)
My friend plans to switch the existing drive with an fb-357a model indeed.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965U1 en utilisant Tapatalk

I think, what they want to know, is if the drive is one of the drives that are like those that came with A2000, which are a bit taller than regular 3.5" drives ( and thats why if you add eg a gotek in the A2000, theres a gap in the fascia ) . Unless its an issue of aspect ratio of the photo, the drive in the ad does look a bit taller than regular 3.5" drives.

View attachment 161699

So the drive from an A2000 has the same dimensions as an A4000 drive. I missed the A2000 drives in my post indeed.

@warr8or29
Nice one... Your friend has a spare FB-357a laying around!! They are really becoming scarse!

View attachment 161699

So the drive from an A2000 has the same dimensions as an A4000 drive. I missed the A2000 drives in my post indeed.

@warr8or29
Nice one... Your friend has a spare FB-357a laying around!! They are really becoming scarse!
@PRS : and your a2000 setup looks very nice!

Regarding the gap visible on top of your gotek drive, you could try mounting it with a 3d printed front cover ?

Edit : payment sent

Envoyé de mon SM-G965U1 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom