Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Hi All

Now I have completed my checkmate build for my a1200, I have a nice slot loading IDE optical drive. I would like to play CDs on this and I am sure in the past I used to do this on my other amiga using FreeDB to provide CD details. Now googling this suggests FreeDB has been closed down, so what I am looking for is (a) a nice simple CD player that will work on my B1230 based a1200 running CWB 3.9, and (b)ideally a replacement for freedb that will work with it (although this may not exist). - even better, something that does both.
I have a number of players on my system which generally don't seem to play well with my setup for some reason with crashes.
Easyacdda actually works but doesn't have quite the interface I would like.
DA player lists the various tracks (ie the track numbers) and seems to read the CD but will not play
PlayCD from within the IDEFix 97 folder seems to work (reads tracks etc) until you hit play and then gives a 'play error'
PlayCD in my utilities folder seems to sometimes crash my system, and when it loads it doesn't play (although again reads the disc.) not sure if this is a different version.

So - any suggestions?
Cheers
C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom