Found Bridgeboard, Commodore A2386SX (or Vortex Golden Gate 486)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rontti

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Helsinki
As the title says I'm looking for a working A2386SX bridgeboard for my A2000.

Vortex Golden Gate bridgeboards (386 and 486) are also more than welcome, but they need a special 68k socket adapter and I'd like that to be included in the sale.

Mainly looking for EU area as I live in Finland, but will consider worldwide offers.

*edit 20.12.2020: Now accepting worldwide offers.

PM with your offer! :)

BR,
Rontti

Last edited:
I have a Vortex 386 that is currently being upgraded to 486SLC2. You realize you only need the 68K adapter if you have the older German A2000. It has been confirmed working in a 2000 without it. I don't want to offer it up at this point as I don't have it in my possession right now. Ill check this thread once I do. Or I'll post a for sale thread if I decided to sell it.

That upgraded Vortex does interest me, so please check back this thread before posting a new sales thread.

My A2000 is not the old German (Rev4) but a B2000-CR one, so it should work fine.

Hoping to hearing from you soon! :)

Upgraded Bridgeboard is on it's way back to me. Don't know when it will arrive as shipping is all over the place.

That's good news. Shipping is currently crazy worldwide, but usually this just means extended shipping times and thank goodness not lost packages.
Let me know when the Bridgeboard arrives and I'm sure you'll test it yourself first, then possible deal after that?! :)

The Vortex is back in my possession. I am undecided if I want to sell it or not. Haven been playing with it and have ordered the missing floppy controller chip for it so it can also use a floppy drive attached to the Vortex. I also got an ISA S3 Video Card and a Soundblaster card. I have booted the Vortex to MS-DOS 5.0, and installed and booted Win 3.1. I was going to try Win95 but needed the floppy support for that. :) I will keep my out on this post if I decided to part with it. Its is working fine as a 486SLC2 50Mhz :)

I was going to try Win95 but needed the floppy support for that. :) I will keep my out on this post if I decided to part with it. Its is working fine as a 486SLC2 50Mhz :)

I've tried so many times to get Windows 95 to work with the card with no success always fails during installation. @Blindgerman (Mr Bridgeboard :LOL: ) stated that this card cannot run win 95 sadly, but there is rumors of it working with the floppy installation of win 95

if you have success details of you installation will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I got it to install on an Virtual box, then wrote the image to an actual HDD and the Vortex booted all the way to the win95 startup screen, but freezes there. Once I get the floppy controller and install it on the Vortex I intend to try the floppy install.

I was going to try Win95 but needed the floppy support for that. :) I will keep my out on this post if I decided to part with it. Its is working fine as a 486SLC2 50Mhz :)

I've tried so many times to get Windows 95 to work with the card with no success always fails during installation. @Blindgerman (Mr Bridgeboard :LOL: ) stated that this card cannot run win 95 sadly, but there is rumors of it working with the floppy installation of win 95

if you have success details of you installation will be greatly appreciated

Whether you get Win95 working or not I'm still interested, so do let me know if you decide to part with it. I already have an ISA vga card, a network card and a Soundblaster so I won't be needing any of those, just the Bridgeboard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom