djprosac

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
AUSTRIA
Region
Lower Austria
Hey all,

Yes, i know these Cards are still not available or under construction, or or or ... But:

If anyone has a connection to CSLab or to the Cards, i want a Warp 1260 Card - without CPU / Unsoldered.

Have a 060 CPU here, and just want to solder it by myself without sending my CPU to anywhere - if its possible -

So thanks by now and best regards,

Roland

Last edited:
Hi.
I sent CS Labs a message some weeks back (I know they are really busy).
I was asking if they would sell a 'Warp1260-50'.
It would feature a socket (so they can test and confirm it works before being shipped) and no fancy heatsink.
They would guarantee the card to 50Mhz, although it would technically go higher. This way they can cover themselves as they are just selling a guaranteed 50Mhz card but it may go higher (it is up to the user to install a small fan to push the card higher).
I think there is certainly a market for this type of card for people who don't want to post CPU and get hit by exporting and importing duties/costs.

This card with a socket will NOT fit inside an A1200, I believe.
Maybe good for a tower Amiga

The heatsink CS Labs uses looks a lot thicker than the additional thickness and clearance of adding a socket.

Warp 1260 - UNSOLDERED -

@Higgy: it’s for them to reply...
68060 sockets are hard to find too... probably another 100€ on top of the card price...
The reason they designed the heat sink and fan this way is also to support the performance of the card. I don’t think they will sell a card with a socket and without the cooling system and give you a guarantee for that that it will work as it should. That would be against their design decisions...
I might be wrong but their demand is so high that I can’t see also why they would bother accomodating such a request.
But again, if they do then good for you. If I were you I wouldn’t have much hope about that.
They seem to be slightly more responsive on Facebook, so maybe you can contact them through there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom