Not open for further replies.

kuculin

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Czech republic
Region
moravia
Welcome in the sale of Amiga A3660 CPU card fitted with MC68LC060RC50 revision 4 CPU

This is a brand new, professionally built A3660 CPU card including 68LC060RC50 CPU, that is overclocked at 66 Mhz. The extra 16 Mhz gives to the system a real kick in speed ( 30% +-)

This is an LC version with MMU and without FPU. Please do realize that any software that requires an FPU - WILL NOT RUN. If you're not familiar with this issue - please do a research on the Amiga forums.

It's built on PCB designed by John "Chucky" Hertell - latest 1.1 version.
All components (except CPU) are brand new, top quality brands parts.
GAL programming is upgraded with "Waitstate mod" from SpeedGeek for faster RAM access.
Custom CPU library was made by SpeedGeek and it finally allows us to enjoy 060 speeds with this CPU.
All electrolytic capacitors are "Tantalus" type - they never leak and have lifespan of 20 years ! (unlike common ones with 20000 hours life) - nothing better exists.

The card was heavily tested - it was running at the full load for about a 3days WITHOUT A BREAK .... at night - the hexen demo was in charge, at the day - demos, benchmarks and other 3d games were tested. There was no crash... except when a incompatible program was executed. The CPU runs around 30°Cels. and the card is rock solid.

IMPORTANT
Don't use this card, unless you motherboard is recapped, and your PSU is in PERFECT condition. Any faulty capacitor or voltage spike from unstable PSU can cause system crashes and in extreme situation it can damage the hardware !!!!!!! Also check out if any clock altering mods are done to your motherboard, and if yes remove them before you use this card as they cause spikes in signals and damage some logics and Superbuster chip !!!! It happened a few times and the repair is quite expensive.

The card was tested on Amiga4000 with OS 3.1.4. According to the many informations on Amiga forums, on A3000 and different OS versions it runs as well with some OS modifications.

Installation: Install a fresh copy of OS 3.1.4 and copy a modified CPU libraries to the libs folder and off you go.
Please note that you can have problems with CHIPram ... 060 Cpus are quite picky about the type of RAM. Best is a 60ns 2 sided FPM (most edo ram's wont work as a chip RAM - tested)

For Amiga 3000 you have to do some modifications to the math libraries. Please check the forums as there are detailed descriptions how to do it.

IMG_20201212_111623.jpg

Link for more photos and video of the working card:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_vn5yUeRRMBDMQVmIKbCR0sYBJzNnvSN?usp=sharing

If You have any questions - just ask.
No returns.

Price 399 € + postage

The card will be sent by tracked and fully insured parcel from Czech republic.
For EU countries the postage is £ 15 , for UK it's £ 17 .
For any other non EU country - please ask and i'll find out.

Payment - preferably through IBAN .... but Paypal - payment as gift - is possible as well.

PS: The card was hand made in my spare time. It's a very delicate and precise work plus sourcing the components from all around the world is quite time, money and energy consuming as well - hence the price of this jewel :)

PPS: I've tested hundreds of demos and games (WHDload) with the LC CPU ..... and 98% work !!!

PPPS: This is my first sale on amibay, but i've been trading on ebay for 13 years with 100% feedback + i've sold 6 of A3660 cards and had no problem ever.
So don't worry - this is a genuine sale :D

Image3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom