Copying files to existing install on SD card

oundfire99

Country
England
Region
Norfolk
I can't work this one out,

I have OS 3.1.4 on my A500 on an SD working well, when I put the SD into my PC and copy files (music samples) from PC to Games directory in a folder called 'Samples' via dopus, they copy over and I launch WINUAE and can see them all ok, when I load up the A500 the directory or files are not there, tried 'Show All' still no luck.

Thanks.

Are you running Winuae as Aministrator ? also could be a incompatible sd to pc read/write adapter

You should to be running WinUAE first before you copy anything over to the SD card.

Assign the Amiga partitions on the SD card and the PC folder that your music is in as drives (ensure your boot partition is set as bootable). If you have done it correctly, all will appear on Workbench as per the usual disk icons after you reset the virtual Amiga. Now simply copy the music files from that folder onto the SD card using drag and drop.

WinUAE Config

Workbench Screen

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried drag and drop which appears ok on WINAUE but when I take the card over to the real Amiga nothing, shows up, even with show all checked.

1.png
2.png
132040463_216250686674511_6457551555044864110_n.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, that shouldn't be happening as it seems you are doing everything correct judging by the snapshots.

Try as suapduper suggested and run WinUAE as Administrator then copy the files again. Also make sure you exit WinUAE and use Windows eject sd card option rather than just removing it.

Been opening WINUAE as administrator will try ejecting media/hardware, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no luck, I just tried opening in ADF Opus to see if the files had saved but the cards not being recognised, will try get hold of an external SD card reader to see if that makes a difference and tick that off, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom