Help for identification of a scammer

ethan

Country
Germany
Region
Schleswig-Holstein
Hi there
I made a big mistake. We have a website for small ads from ebay here in Germany.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/

A few days ago someone sold an Amiga 600 with a Vampire to me. He wrote 10178 Berlin, but maybe this was a lie. My failure was to pay with paypal friends and family. I mean most of the people do it and this is the second time that I really lost money. Damn, I forgot the first time here on amibay. Ok, on the next day I asked him why the ad is still online, no answer. Some hours later that he should mail me or give me his number. Again some hours later, ebay cancelled his ad and wrote me, that I should go to the police to blame him. I wrote him again, but no answer of course. My money is lost, because paypal was too slow to stop it. So, time for all of you out there. I have pictures of this ad.

Who knows this A600 or something about this flat, the cupboard (white with black doors), table (different materials, which model, where to buy, flames?), speakers, maybe mangas or comics in the back, vinyls, the monitor, the owner himself or anything else? It was impossible to me to find the pics with google. So, there is a chance that the pics are from his place and someone recognizes it.Any kind of information would be helpful. This guy seems to be tidy and it doesn't look like that he needs to steal from others or it is his business and this is the reason for a nice home like this.
Sometimes scammers steal pics too, like a few days ago with a CD32. Someone took pics from ebay without permission and tried to sell it again.
After all, I've learned my lesson. :( No more paypal f&f.

vampire1.jpgvampire2.jpgvampire3.jpgvampire4.jpgvampire5.jpgvampire6.jpgvampire7.jpg

If he is not ok that I used his pics, fine. We can talk about it after he paid the money back. Then I will take care to delete them.

Thank you!
and still merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Stolen pics and in most cases the eBayklein stolen user account.

Unfortunately very common on this platform.

Sorry for your loss.

It was a new account without other offers. So a special scammer profile. If I think about it, it was stupid, but I bought another package (from another guy) some weeks ago and everything was fine. I mean the rest seems to be ok. There was no thought about some kind of crime.

Last edited:
Recently I answered to 4kD ad where I knew the pics were 100% stolen since I remember them. Account was several years old.

The guy responded quickly with various payment and shipping options but I asked for personal pickup and he get silent.

After week or so the ad was gone and I received warning from the website admin.

A few years ago someone put up an A4000T for sale and it was local (under 5 mile away) and I messaged him and said i'd buy it and would pick it up. He gave me an instant reply almost with his excuses that the item was at the other end of the country 300 miles away which immediately put some doubt into my mind. But I'm a long distance same day courier so I wrote back saying that was fine I would pick it up from that location and again he replied but this time with some other excuses and saying post only. Still hoping to get the computer (it is afterall a highly sought after model) I agreed he could post it and I paid him through paypal, but sent it as goods. Time went by and radio silence for a few weeks 'til in the end I just asked paypal for a refund which they gave me immediately and I never heard anything from the seller again. F&F can save you some fees, but it can cost you much more if you get involved in the wrong deal.

Last edited:
He offered local pick up first, but it is too far away for only an A600. This one is easy to send it with a parcel. For a T model I would drive of course.

I don't have facebook, twitter etc. If you have groups, friends or whatever please spread this search. I am very interested in this guy.
And I also tried a reclaim with paypal. No chance with them, but you can make a try on your own. The problem is, the other side has to agree with it. Do you know what happened until now? Yes, nothing.

This is such a bummer. I'm sorry I can't be of help, but I actually had a similar experience on AmiBench back around 2005-2006. I bought a BPPC from someone in Lisbon, Portugal, paid with bank transfer (which wasn't as uncommon back then) and never god the card. He sent me lots of photos on email, but always with some excuse as to why he hadn't sent it yet, when I became inpatient (after a couple of weeks) he began threatening NOT to send it anyways.. I reported it to the police, but no use.. :( That was an expensive "lesson" even back then.

Not to intrude, but If anyone knows that guy I'd appreciate a PM:
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=25948.0

Last edited:
The problem to get suckers like this are still the boarders. If it is inside of your country it is possible to investigate for the cops. Outside no way. My money from this Italian guy here on amibay is lost. For the vampire guy I am still hoping, that I will get him. Ebay and paypal are both not very helpful, only blabla like don't use f&f if you don't know them etc.
Your loss is much higher than mine, but it hurts too. I try to think that other things and parts were a little more expensive to prevent me of getting mad. I wrote to someone who had also contact with him. He asked for local pickup and that's the end of the story. No answer... I mean this is crystal clear that it is fake.

If the pics are stolen from other offers or anything like this, this information could also be important.

edit:
His address for paypal is michael.hoff1974@gmx.net
If someone wants to deal with you with this name, avoid it, he is fake and not serious.

Last edited:
Always, always 'Paypal goods' never friends and family unless you are ok with losing/willing to lose the value.

Thats never good in retrospect but money/good and people are a bad combo. Once bitten, twice shy. Even as an experienced ebay/amibay/other forum user I too have been stung for the grand total of around £40 but thanks to chargeback I have never been on the grand losing side of things. Buyer (and seller) beware. For the sake of a few quid, protect thy self.

Always, always 'Paypal goods' never friends and family unless you are ok with losing/willing to lose the value.

Thats never good in retrospect but money/good and people are a bad combo. Once bitten, twice shy. Even as an experienced ebay/amibay/other forum user I too have been stung for the grand total of around £40 but thanks to chargeback I have never been on the grand losing side of things. Buyer (and seller) beware. For the sake of a few quid, protect thy self.

Absolutely perfect..

I was talking to the police a few min ago. The paypal account is fake and they can`t investigate him, but I was lucky and got the money back. So I am pretty sure the pics are stolen and this was a pro scammer. It seems that he is from the Netherlands. He transferred the money to another account.

If someone wants to sell it again, be careful.

Back
Top Bottom