AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
Dutchieland (Netherlands)
Region
Utrecht
___________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE 31 March 2023:

Dear all,

I’ve requested a new quote based on the round 4 order (same items in round 4 requested for a possible round 5) to see what the price increase is at the moment.

In general, the increase of prices are on average + 28% and I don't know why, but
A. 3½" bottom large is 23% more expensive
B. 3½" bottom small is 33% more expensive
all other parts 27- 29%.

Prices updated in the table below, so they reflect the actual prices.

If people are still interested after seeing the price increase, I’m happy to start round 5. If so, please state your interest in the thread AND by a PM to me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to a lot of requests I'm opening a new round for a CNC milled full aluminium A4000d front panel as designed by Stoobs (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2886182).
Previously we have been successfull in delivering three rounds of these fronts from this Amibay thread: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.ph...-Interest-poll

By-the-way: I'm willing to do the same for the A3000d. However, I need some help in making the 3D files. For now, please do NOT state interest in the A3000d, as this project is far from ready.

The following parts are offered (with indicative pricing):
Front bezel:__________ € 225 (White RAL 9002 € 252)
Power knob:___________ € 26 (White RAL 9002 € 29)
A) 3½” cover large_____ € 49 (White RAL 9002 € 55)
- Bottom slot on A4000, to be used when a regular sized floppy drive is used
B) 3½” cover small_____ € 49 (White RAL 9002 € 55) - Bottom slot on A4000, to be used when the Chinon FB-357a floppy drive is used
C) 5¼” cover__________ € 60 (White RAL 9002 € 67) - When no CD-rom or alike is attached
D) 3½” cover large solid_ € 49 (White RAL 9002 € 55) - Middle slot on A4000, to be used when no floppy drives are attached. Please bare in mind that you'll need option A too in this case!
Additional costs________ € 5.44 for shipping from the manufacturer to me
Additional costs II - shipping from my place to your home address, in general € 15 to € 35 pending on T&T, insurance (up to € 500) and geographical location.

These prices are for the standard colors: Clear anodization, Black anodized and White RAL 9003 (powder coated).
For white RAL 9002 poweder coat, which is the closest to the original white of the Amiga, an additional charge is calculated due to a “custom” color and is therefore 12% more expensive.

Last run, the RAL 9002 turned out to be a little greenish and the coating had to be removed and recoated locally. I will make sure that you get the right color, but it might need a local powder coated to make it happen. If so, delivery will be delayed by another week.

Now about the timing.
I'm giving all of you to think about the parts that you would like to order and in which color, so ordering phase starts on Monday Jan 11th.

Withdrawn:
Dano
Molkon
AWalter
4pLaY - Via Yulquen74
Rzazar
EdwinPouwel

Interested - no response (yet):
Gregorious
Pythagoras
Alpine9000

Interested:
Manicx - Power knob + B in RAL 9002 + T&T + insurance - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
ROC - Front, power knob, cover B and C in white RAL 9002 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Tomarkus - Front, power knob, cover A in white RAL 9002 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Ethan - Front, power knob, cover A, B, C and D in white RAL 9002 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Ville9 - Front, power knob, cover A, C and D in white RAL 9002 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Kewatsdop - Front, power knob, cover A, B, C and D in clear anodized Alu - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Yulquen74 - 2x Front, 2x power knob, 2x A, 1x B and 1x C in white RAL 9003 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Maikt - Front, power knob, cover A and C in white RAL 9002 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
A1K - T.B.A. - PAYMENTS RECEIVED - Send
Alainneke - Front, power knob, cover A, C and D in black anodized Alu - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Ollis - Front, power knob, cover A, and C in black anodized Alu - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Tbtorro - Front, power knob, cover A, B, C and D in white RAL 9003 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Anightin - Front, power knob, cover B in white RAL 9003 - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Steenlund - Front, power knob, cover A, C and D in black - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send
Scooby - Front, power knob, cover A, C, and D in black - PAYMENT RECEIVED - Send

Update 14 Jan 2021:
The order is complete. I will sent out the order this afternoon. Pending on some possible questions from the manufacturer, we can expect the items to arrive approx. Feb 15th at my place. It will take some time create all individual packages, but I will do my best to send out all on or before Feb 19th. end of February. The timeline I've got is approx. 20 working days, but what I didn't realize is that Chinese New Year is interfering.

Update 20 Jan 2021:
The final quote came in yesterday (finally). Unfortunately due to my emphasis on the right RAL 9002 color this time, they increased the pricing more than a factor 2!!!
I'm renegotiating to get all parts delivered without powder coat and will have to investigate the powder coating locally . I was succesfull in getting the greenish parts from the 3rd round re-coated to RAL9002, but it means a lot of additional work for me.

I'm pretty confident that I can get the parts for the "normal" price as the high price was soly based on getting the right RAL 9002 color. However, in the event I'm not able to, I have to cancel the order and refund your money. I hope it doesn't come to that, as I have ordered the accesoire-part already (bolds, washers, magnets, powerbutton rods and some of the packaging material).

Sorry for the delay. I will come back to you as soon as I have new information.

Update 21 Jan 2021:
We found a solution and I will arrange the powder coating locally! The order has been placed and I have paid.

Update 28 Jan 2021:
I just received an update on the expected shipping date: March 8, 2021. I'm expecting it no more than 3 working days later at my home.

Update 11 March 2021:
The manufacturer has informed me they have some issues with the finish of the parts.
They are working on solving it, but it means the parts will be sent on Monday (15 March).

Update 17 March 2021:
Except RAL9003, all parts have arrived. I will contact the powder coater on Friday for the RAL 9002 parts.
The black and clear aluminium parcels will be completed this week and I will do my best to ship them out this weekend.

Update 22 March 2021:
The RAL9002 parts were today dropped off at the powder coater. Lead time: approx. 5 working days. No news with regard to the RAL 9003 panels yet.

Update 27 March 2021:
I've received the RAL 9003 parts yesterday and shipped out today.

Update 01 April 2021 (no is not a joke):
I've received the RAL 9002 parts today and I've been packing them whole afternoon. Tomorrow I will post the most if not all...

5th batch - Started collecting interest
Update 09 Jun 2023:
UsersConfirmedColorFrontKnobABCD
Toaster4000
White RAL 9002● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)
Manicx
White RAL 9002
Travailleur
White RAL 9002
Hurrican
White RAL 9002
Awmosoft
White RAL 9002
Kekschen
X
Black
Alfredo
X
White RAL 9003
Floppyuser
White RAL 9002
Xanxi
White RAL 9002● (x2)● (x2)
Ollis
White RAL 9002
Ash
White RAL 9002
Warr8or29
White RAL 9002
Sotos
White RAL 9002
Christopherpm
X
White RAL 9003
Matjam
White RAL 9002
Storm82
White RAL 9002
Doc Leisure
White RAL 9002● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)● (x2)
Gregorius
Black
EdwinPouwel
White RAL 9002

Edit: Hi all,

It is not going as smooth as the first four iterations. As the order will contain different surface finishings, I got a lot of questions from the supplier. Even if I just referred to the previous order.
The latest questions I’ve received were last week, however, I was away and was not able to follow up.
This week I tend to get all things sorted out and finally receive the final quote.

Sorry for the delays. I’m doing the best I can in my spare time.

Thank you for your patience so far.

Edit 2 (16-Jun-23):
Just had a call again and smoothend out the issues as there were some misunderstandings. Unfortunately the final quote is not expected anymore this week, but early next week. Keep you posted.

Edit 3 (28-Jun-23):
This afternoon I received a call and they assured me that the quote is still correct. I will have another call tomorrow, as they offered me that I could give them a counter offer and they will see if they can meet that!?!
I’m confused, but take them up on their offer

Edit:
Price indication
RAL9002RAL9003AluminiumBlack
Front€ 257,26€ 229,69€ 229,69€ 229,69
Knob€ 47,17€ 42,12€ 42,12€ 42,12
A€ 70,76€ 63,18€ 63,18€ 63,18
B€ 102,90€ 91,87€ 91,87€ 91,87
C€ 96,47€ 86,14€ 86,14€ 86,14
D€ 102,90€ 91,87€ 91,87€ 91,87

Update 07 Aug 2023:
The ordering process has started. No changes are possible anymore and the people that did not pay are not taken along with the ordering.

Edit:
Hard to tell on my monitor. Seems ok at first glance.
What do you mean about the surface? Is it rough or smooth?
Try comparing the black and the white front panels, and you will see some more granular surface on the white one.

Attachments

• 602433A2-1353-46CC-B946-3A1CD9473A0C.jpeg
    602433A2-1353-46CC-B946-3A1CD9473A0C.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
kewatsdop — front, power knob, covers A, B, C, D, everything in clear anodization. Sending PM to confirm.

Hello :)
meanwhile i was able to replace my broken Front so i have to withdraw interesst.

Hi,

Would you please help me to select the option for my A4000D
I want to order Front bezel, Power knob and Bottom slot on A4000 (White RAL 9002), I do not know which option to select for my current configuration. I will install CD-ROM drive therefore I do not need the large cover. Please see attached picture. Thank you for your time and help.

tempFileForShare_20201228-121656.jpg

Confirming my interest for the white 9002 RAL.

Taking a look at the various options (floppy covers, etc)

Many thanks!

------

Front bezel:__________ White RAL 9002
Power knob:___________ White RAL 9002

B) 3½” cover small_____ White RAL 9002

C) 5¼” cover__________ White RAL 9002

Last edited:
Hi Rzazar,

Seems that you have a regular floppy drive, so you only need the lower cover (Option A).
So, front + power knob + A...

- - - Updated - - -

someone already built an 3d of the fron in 2 versions for A3000:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3886056

Hi Trotzki,

Thank you for the referral.
However, I find this version not good enough for a premium aluminium CNC milled version.

It could be used as a start for a better one though.

Last edited:
Interest declared for the following items (all white): 2 x front bezel, 2 x pwr.button, 2 x A, 1 x B, 1 x C.

Removing my interest as Yulquen74 is buying for himself and me.

@4pLaY,

Understood!
Added Yulquen74 and removed your interest.

@everyone
For now we are at 6 front panels, and the minimum is 10, we have still one week before ordering. If it holds here I have to postpone ordering until the minimum of 10 is reached.

I hope you all understand.

Thanks for this great project, the results looks really great. I'm interested in the following parts:
1x Front with Power knob and option A + B + C in white (RAL 9003)

Thanks

Considering another try for a RAL9002 bezel.

@PRS do you have any pictures of the reworked RAL9002 bezels you could share?

Hi PRS,

You can add me to the list as well. I’m interested in the following anodized black parts:

- front panel
- power button
- panels A, C and D (so for optionally installing a normal floppy/gotek/...)

How does the front panel attach to the chassis? Magnets?

Thanks for this great project!

Hi PRS,

I am interested for a second front panel, but I have some questions. Will send a PM to you.

Last edited:
I have deceided to go for a anodized black version.

So, please add for me in black:

Front + Power knob + A + C

Thanks!

Considering another try for a RAL9002 bezel.

@PRS do you have any pictures of the reworked RAL9002 bezels you could share?

Hi Bubbob42,

I've posted the final result here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...um-front-bezel-for-A4000-Interest-poll/page29

- - - Updated - - -

Hi PRS,

You can add me to the list as well. I’m interested in the following anodized black parts:

- front panel
- power button
- panels A, C and D (so for optionally installing a normal floppy/gotek/...)

How does the front panel attach to the chassis? Magnets?

Thanks for this great project!

Hi Alainneke,

The panel can be attached by screws (the stands are threaded) or magnets (included) to be glued in the stands. The last part you'll have to do yourself. For connection to the chassis, I've used metal plates that I've glued on the inside of my chassis. In stead of metal plates, you could also use € 0.01 coins.

Hi PRS,
Happy New year! I'm afraid I have to withdraw my interest. Bought ZZ9000 and no more budget to spend for A4000. Thank you.

Ok... We are at the minimum of 10!

I expect still some interest from A1K, I will contact the manufacturer tomorrow and get a quote.

Still some persons who stated their interest remain silent...

Back
Top Bottom