Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi dudes.

I need to burn a DVD on my A4000, which have an IDE slimline drive that can burn all type of DVD.

I have a DVDRAM out of its cartridge.
I have MakeCD and i have already burnt CD with success with it and Frydpan version 1.3 something but i don't understand how to build an ISO image with it.

MakeCD does not seems to accept the DVDRAM after scanning the files (all partitions content as i need to build a complete backup).

Is there any other way to use a DVD burner on OS3.1 these days?

Thanks.

It's FryingPan, which I had registered it back in the days, but used it when I had AmigaOS 4.1 installed, not used under original Amigas. I think FryingPan is abandoned long ago.

Did you try that CLI tools: https://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/ADVDutils (never tried them actually).

Hi Captain.
I have FryningPan too, and it is apparently the latest OS3.x version 1.3.2.
ISO builder and Data/Audio tracks seems totally unoperative and i can't set up anything to burn, although it sees my DVD discs as valid media.
It seems somthing is missing in this software on my system.

I've not tried the ADVDutils CLI tools so far but will have to check.

EDIT : ok, seems that Fryng Pan add files and repertories by drag and drop. I'm going to try again.

ReEDIT : finally no, clicking write button is totally unoperative. It loads about 60 Mo of stuff in RAM then does nothing.

Last edited:
Ok, so finally, despite a lot of error messages and a lot of tinkering, FryingPan has burnt a DVD-R for a long time before a final error message. The disc has 180 Mb of unreadable data instead of 4,7 Gb of backup and is trashed.
Seems there are not a reliable option to backup large amiga partitions (massive USB transfers via Deneb always get error messages after a while, network AmigaExplorer is slow as hell and fails) without removing the harddrive.

We were discussing TSGui on Aminet which seems to be doing everything you want to apart from burning CDs.
In the past I used to burn CDs myself and I had a dedicated partition to store the ISO image before burning. I imagine a DVD would just require more space... pretty sure I was using makeCD but I wanna il look at it when I’m back home, in 2/3 months

Hi.
I'm stuck too with TSGui. i can't get those hdf to mount in WinUAE despite setting the proper filesystem and typing the partition parameters given by TSGui. Always nodos.

Back
Top Bottom