Not open for further replies.

rcousins

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
AB
I'm selling my Amiga 1000 (NTSC). This comes complete with original box, disks and keyboard (manual is missing) with original 256KB chip RAM expansion and working floppy drive (cable may be MIA though). Upgraded with a Vampire V2 (not plus) accelerator and Indivision ECS with a custom-made back panel for mounting Ethernet, VGA and HDMI (original back panel will also be included; there are no missing plastics). Two panel-mounted USB cables included but don't presently connect to anything. This could connect to an internal Gotek or RapidRoad, I just never got that far. Also had the gender changer.

Asking $950 Canadian plus shipping and handling. Shipping from Canada, postal code T3P0B2 if you want to estimate shipping first, but obviously it's not a cheap system to ship. Box is 16.75 x 13.25 x 8.25 inches and the unit weights about 19 lbs.

A1000_back_panel.jpgA1000_from_above.jpgA1000_motherboard.jpgA1000_side.jpgA1000_w_Keyboard.jpg

Last edited:
PM sent Renee!

I am in Canada also.

Michael

Remember to declare interest, your place is not secure until you do so.

see this part of the rules.

Declare interest:
If you wish to buy an item, you must declare interest in the thread and then send a PM to the seller within 24 hours otherwise the seller may move on to the next in line. If there are multiple items on offer, you must specify which item(s) or how many you're interested in. In both cases, this should be clear and unambiguous. Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent" or "I might be interested in...", use direct wording such as , "I am interested in...". The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line. Remember, English isn't everyone's first language here.

Wow, this level of modding is seriously impressive for an A1000. Love the back panel.

Pending purchase guys :). Thank you RCousin it is a beautiful machine with some special history I bet.

Michael

PM sent Renee!

I am in Canada also.

Michael

Remember to declare interest, your place is not secure until you do so.

see this part of the rules.

Declare interest:
If you wish to buy an item, you must declare interest in the thread and then send a PM to the seller within 24 hours otherwise the seller may move on to the next in line. If there are multiple items on offer, you must specify which item(s) or how many you're interested in. In both cases, this should be clear and unambiguous. Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent" or "I might be interested in...", use direct wording such as , "I am interested in...". The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line. Remember, English isn't everyone's first language here.

Hi Michael,

I'm OK with that. However, this is NOT according to the Amibay rules. According to the rules, the first who states interest has the first opportunity to buy. If you (both) want to keep selling/buying on Amibay, keep this in mind!

Last edited:
I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The STL files are all over in the Hardware channel at amigalove.com.

I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first.

I was keeping an eye on this thread as to what your reaction eventually would be and actually the above is incorrect, many sales have been overruled due to:-

"what's the postage to UK"
"any photos of the unit "
"Pm Sent"

all do NOT qualify as 1st in line or a declaration of interest.

The intended buyer realised this and posted "Interest declared" lower down the thread.

We as staff are also not playing word games, pretty clear cut

If you wish to buy an item, you must declare interest in the thread and then send a PM to the seller
and
Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent"

The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line

but in your case the "Real" 1st inline has agreed to give way with a polite request for you both to follow the site rules in the future.

Instead of thanking him you decided to take the higher ground.

If this is not agreeable to you then you can take your sales elsewhere, follow the site rules to which you agreed to when signing up or leave.

I do apologize for using the wrong wording. I am fairly new to Amibay. I did PM Renee and offer to buy at the same time as I posted PM sent. I assumed that was obvious and the same as interested. I did not realize I had to use the word interested until I read the correction. Thank you for the correction guys. I will ensure I do this correct next time.

Michael

I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first. Thank you for taking the high ground if I did this wrong.

Michael

I was keeping an eye on this thread as to what your reaction eventually would be and actually the above is incorrect, many sales have been overruled due to:-

"what's the postage to UK"
"any photos of the unit "
"Pm Sent"

all do NOT qualify as 1st in line or a declaration of interest.

The intended buyer realized this and posted "Interest declared" lower down the thread.

We as staff are also not playing word games, pretty clear cut

and
Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent"

The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line

but in your case the "Real" 1st inline has agreed to give way with a polite request for you both to follow the site rules in the future.

Instead of thanking him you decided to take the higher ground.

If this is not agreeable to you then you can take your sales elsewhere, follow the site rules to which you agreed to when signing up or leave.

Last edited:
The reason is because not everyone's 1st language is English so we strictly enforce clear unambiguous statements like "Next in line" , "Declared Interest " " I am interested" etc. PM sent can mean anything.

as English is my 1st ( and only ) language i understood that you was interested in buying the Amiga, that's without a doubt, but if your not native to English and use web translate or understand partial English then not seeing "Declared interest" but only "hey we live in the same country PM sent" can be classed as ambiguous so we don't play word games and keep it VERY strict. This is how Amibay has always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom