Mystery hardware Pr0n project

I did this 1571 mod (http://petarstrinic.com/dtv/) when DTV (v1) first came out...

I just bought a PAL DTV, not sure if it's v2 or v3, to mod. Haven't quite decided how yet.

On a separate note, does anyone have a 3d printable model of a full C64c case? I'd love 2-3 in different materials/colors.

Elerion: that's some amazing work your doing, I'm really impressed. Hats off!

Enjoy!

Holy crap! This is the mother of all modification threads! (y)

More pictures please :)

Hi and thank you all.
Just wanted to let you know that I did not abandon this project, just neglected it because of other (less fun) activities. I will continue as soon as my callendar clears up a bit.

tekopaa: I'm planning to make miniatures classic commodores first. When I finish, perhaps Walker case will also be considered classic.

pstrinic: Your project was one of the first I've seen, and an inspiration to make my own mods.

Thanks for the complement. I wish I had 1/2 the talent to create a custom enclosure like that.

Time to finish it...

What if you glue the buttons you already made to a piece of rubber that is fastened inside the top shell? You could have letters and symbols printed as stickers and glue these on, maybe some clear coat to keep them nice over time.

I sent an RFP for printout of the V2 of the case in Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM) technology.

Different from what I originally planned, but much cheaper then SLS, Objet or stereolitography printout.

V2 of the case have several improvements:
- Keyboard was completely redesigned. Each key is now printed separately, to ensure 100% functionality.
- I increased the size of the engraved letters on the keyboard. Previous ones were too tiny for 3D printing. With some luck these should be big enough to be visible.
- DTV board was a tight fit, so I added a 0,25 mm for DTV board place.
- I found that SD2IEC reset button would come quite handy (actually to quickly return to root directory of SD card) so I added another button to right side of the case.
- Increased the slot for SD cards, so fat SD adapters can fit.
- Returned to original idea of having separate led's for drive operation, so this model has 2 leds on the right side of the keyboard.

We'll see what happens.

Here is a pair of crude renderings of the model:

74.jpg

75.jpg
Very nice work,I wish I had a 3D Printer now...:(

I am moding mine at the moment but need some help..

Here are some questions..

1.) Can you show the bottom of the main board so I can see how you soldered the IEC connections please.

2.) What power supply do you use I have a 5v 2.5A and the led comes on but don't power it,I have a 6v 800mA and it works fine,now if i power my keyboard with the 6v power supply will it blow it..?

Here is mine still working on it..

http://youtu.be/rFdugtgUAPs

http://youtu.be/vzE1adcGLlc

More vids soon

Last edited:
Last edited:
Miniature C64 reboot

Miniature C64 reboot

Remember this project from about 8 years ago?

My career took off since then, my priorities changed, and I never finished it.

Today I got visited by a friend who needed a C64 power supply, and while I was searching for one, I stumbled upon a small, extremely dusty box with a miniature C64 parts inside.

76.jpg

Well...

A lot has happened since then.

1. Something similar was done commercially... (You're welcome.) :picard
2. I sold, donated, or gave away most of my retro collection (including SD2IEC that was planned in this project) :picard
3. Host from where the images in this thread were served stopped providing the service :picard

But,
4. I saved all my original work, 3D objects included :p
5. I saved all photos also, and re-uploaded them to my own servers, so they are again visible in this thread
tongue.gif

6. I built my own 3D printer, so printing parts for small 64's, 128's, 65's, 1084's, 1200's, 4000's etc. will be much faster and cheaper
tongue.gif

7. Amibay is still up and running, and hopefully willing to tolerate what I share!
tongue.gif

So I'm rebooting this project!

Stay tuned for updates!

E.

I needed to examine what I have so far, and found one major problem.

All the objects I made were designed for Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) 3D printing technology.

SLS2.PNG

SLS1.PNG

SLS3.PNG

SLS4.PNG

And since I have FDM (Fused deposition molding) printer, these objects are all what FDM printing people call "an impossible prints".

I have a few options available:

1. Spend a few weeks redesigning these models, slice them into smaller pieces and make them FDM 3D printable. (Although I'm not even sure 1084 monitor printing would even then be possible, end for sure will not look very nice afterwards.)
2. Buy a Stereolitography printer.
3. Buld a Stereolitography printer.

Hm...

Back
Top Bottom