Mediator Multimedia CD 2.1

hi roy I think its a memory buffer. add it yourself and see if your speed increases

btw what speeds you getting

i getting around 3.4-4mb a sec so im happy with that.

ive tried keyboards mice thumbsticks it all works so im happy,i'll try to get a front for the tower with a floppy drive card reader and usb port and see what happens.
ive seen something in the files about a camera? have you got any info on that?
the card i have has five slots so lots of options there.

can you have a look in your envarc john and see if thats the correct spelling for that file please,i have no idea so i need confirmation some how.

heres a pic:

picture.php

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have a question about using USB on mediator.
Do i have to get Spider USB or can i use a generic USB 2.0 PCI card?
:sos

If you want to use a generic USB card it must be modified by someone to work with Mediator and spider.device. Search around :)

added a share or some tools and drivers for the mediator to first post

http://elbox.com/news_14_04_23.html

New drivers and new production of Mediators and FastATA controllers
[23 April 2014]

New version of pci.library (ver. 9.9) has been released today. New library allows to use 2x128MB Radeon gfx card with Mediator Window Size set to 256MB (as for now Mediator Window with such gfx card had to be set to 512MB). It facilitates to use more Zorro III cards in the Mediator based systems.

New pci.library is enclosed in the MM_CD_UP2.2 archive available for download at DOWNLOAD | Mediator PCI Software page.

New version of ATA3.driver (ver. 11.3) for FastATA 1200 CF/SATA controllers has been released today. New driver significantly increases the speed of Compact Flash cards in the NO_INT mode.

New ATA3.driver is enclosed in the FastATA'99v11.3a3.8 archive available for download at DOWNLOAD | FastATA Software page.

New batch of Mediator 1200TX boards will be available from 28 April.

New batch of FastATA 4000 CF/SATA controllers will be available from 28 April. Controllers from new batch will be equipped with new BootROM (ver. 8.0) which improves support of the CF cards.

New batch of Mediator 4000Di boards will be available from 30 April.

The production of TurboFlyer 530, the new 68030-based accelerator with integrated FastATA CF/SATA controller for Amiga 500/500+ and A2000 computers, has been rescheduled to the end of Q2 2014. More info about this turbo card you can find in the TurboFlyer 530 announcement page.

Last edited:
hi
where can i get spider.device 3.22 (not from elbox themselves ;-)

Hi 3.22 is from elbox only you need to register to get update

I just started working on my first 1200T project and I'm having problems getting the pci cards on the Mediator 1200 v1 to be seen by OS3.9.

so far I have bought the latest MMCD with new keys (since the 1200T I bought had no software/docs at all with it), Spider II USB & Radeon 9250 with 256MB bought direclty from Elbox. Installed in the Mediator is from last slot (4) down: Spider II USB, SB, ethernet card, & new Radeon 9250 with 256MB)

installed the setup config on the MMCD dvd and noted that even though the docs say to place the MEM jumper on the 8MB slot (I've got a Apollo 060 accelerator), the setup said to put the jumper on the 4MB slot? anyhow did that and then installed drivers, reboooted and still can't see pci cards?

WhichAmiga sees the Mediator, see pic.IMG_6155-medium.jpg

Mediator Multimedia CD 2.1

Yes I believe it's 1.9 but have to check the MMCD.

Update:
Just checked cd and I missed an update lha on it so retrying the med config and install with updated version

See read me about renaming Vision3d to Radeon so I guess it's good sometimes to RTFM :)

Last edited:
I decided to reassemble my A1200 tower yesterday evening and I'm chuffed to bits that I think my Mediator is actually ok. :D

So being the curious sort thought I'd have a go at installing Picasso96 and the Radeon card drivers etc. I got an issue when trying to run Picasso96Mode because it won't run in PAL HiRes,, I got it to run in PAL Hires Laced.

Then I got the same Issue Klx was getting with the Village64 displayed in the Settings section and when I clicked on "Attach Setting to" in the menu, "No Board" was displayed. So I thought why not try saving the Project, in the Project menu and I don't know if this made a difference but the Radeon card was then visible in the "Attach Setting to" menu. It displayed as "Board0: Radeon".I selected the Radeon card and it seems to have attached itself.

In the list of screenmodes in the lower part of the Picasso96Mode window the 1024x768 mode was already pre-selected. On the right hand side, 256 colours was pre-selected as the colour depth. I changed this to Hicolour in the drop down above it and pressed the Test button below. The Picasso96Mode screen changed to a garbled mess and I then got a multicolour test screen displayed through the Radeon DVI-D output. Magic!

If the Test screen is then clicked on, the Picasso96Mode window reappears in its previous mode via the Amigas normal video out connector.
I then Clicked on Save at the bottom of the Picasso96Mode window and it displays a message to save and reboot. After rebooting, the Amiga will start in its native resolution PAL Hires or PAL Hires Laced and all the Radeon screen modes that were previously displayed in Picasso96Mode show up in the System Prefs Screenmode window.

Selecting some of the Screenmodes from within prefs and testing so far does not display any picture. I might need to set up the suggested screenmodes that are detailed in the RadeonGuide to work with my LCD screen geometry.

I'll update here if/when I make any progress.

Cheers for now (y) ..time for a cuppa!

PS. I've seen somewhere an excellent guide(complete with screen grabs) to adding new resolutions for LCD monitors. If I find it again I'll add a link in this thread for future reference.

Last edited:
@ Ed.D

Congrats! I had high hopes tonight running home but alas nothing doing on my stubborn Mediator lol

Good news is Elbox is back from vacation and I just sent them my MedConfig report so hopefully I'll have something to report soon

Any news on this klx300r? I seem to have the same issue..

@ Ed.D

Congrats! I had high hopes tonight running home but alas nothing doing on my stubborn Mediator lol

Good news is Elbox is back from vacation and I just sent them my MedConfig report so hopefully I'll have something to report soon

Oh boy, where do I start :)

Long story short I've dismantled by while setup to able sure my Fast ATA MKII was properly seated as I was concerned there was a loose connection at the roms BUT I'm positive it's not an issue now. Still getting random boots where my mediator picks up my Radeon and more often it picks up garbage....might have to send my mediator into Elbox as everything else is testing out ok???

gents I finally tonight got my 1200T to work with my NEW Mediator 1200 LT4 I got from drewlio as a 'spare' while my Mediator 1200 is still at Elbox getting checked out. Once new Mediator installed I started with my Radeon 9200 with 256MB, ran pciconfig and all ok, hesitant I ran medconfig and rebooted, all ok, loaded up P96 prefs and voila the Radeon card was there! tested a few modes and all works finally :) booted up a few times just to make sure no surprises and all good..phew

tomorrow I'll work on my Spider2 & SB cards as it's late & I'm tired

thats great news klx300r

ya it was a defective Mediator 1200 all along:Doh: well at least I knew I tried everything possibly could (THRICE!) before sending it in to Elbox lol, thanks for all the help John:)

btw, just getting my Spider 2 USB going and Poseidon only picks up unit no. 2?? when I enter the shell commands for units 0 and 1 my system reboots all the time??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom