Mediator Multimedia CD 2.1

hi remove all the drivers of the spider and retry from the start

hehe beat traffic & got home early to get my Spider2 going...just tried removing and reinstalling all spider drivers but same issue. Port 2 installs fine but 1 and 0 cause immediate system reset??

tried reinstalling Poseion v4.4 and also fat95 but same issue??

Mediator Multimedia CD MM CD UP2.3 (24 Nov 2014)

Mediator MM CD UP 2.3
[24 Nov 2014]

The MM CD 2.3 update for registered users of Mediator PCI 3/4000T, Mediator PCI 4000D, Mediator PCI 4000Di, Mediator PCI 4000, Mediator PCI 3000D, Mediator PCI 3000Di, Mediator PCI 1200 TX, Mediator PCI 1200 SX, Mediator PCI 1200LT4, Mediator PCI 1200, Mediator PCI 1200LT and Mediator PCI ZIV busboards, has been released today.

The Mediator Multimedia CD UP 2.3 includes a new versions of:

pci.library (ver. 9.10)
Radeon.card (ver. 2.20)
Voodoo.card (ver. 4.34)
MedConfig (ver. 2.0)

The pci.library ver. 9.10 includes new procedures for allocation of the DMA buffers for PCI cards working in the busmaster mode. New software improves timings of the PCI busmaster cards (Spider, SB4.1, SB128, FM801, TV tuner, FastEthernet) during their acesses to the DMA buffers located in the SDRAM/SGRAM memory of the gfx cards. New software should solve issues with same SB128 cards in the Radeon based configurations.

In the new version of the MedConfig script the support for RadeonMemOS, VoodooMemOS and SpiderBuf variables has been added. New RadeonMemOS and VoodooMemOS variables allow to control the function which adds a part of gfx card SDRAM/SGRAM memory to the system Amiga memory.

The developer documentation for tv.library and mixer.library is enclosed with the MM CD 2.3.

If you are interested in the new updated MediatorSDK, contact
ELBOX Developer Department.

Information on the current versions is available in the DOWNLOADS | Mediator section. The current list of supported PCI cards is available in the Mediator Driver Guide. Information about Mediator-related sources you will find in the COMMUNITY section.

News archive - the complete list

Last edited:
Hi,
I purchased on Amibay a Elbox Mediator 4000di complete of Radeon 256mb, network card, Soundblaster 128 and Spider II. All certified Elbox.
I installed everything on my A4000 / 040 16MB buster 09 and OS 3.9 BB4. Everything works very well, I just have a problem with Spider II: when connect any usb device, system freezes and forces me to reboot.Using Poseidon 4.5 and I installed the last udpate MMCD2.3 (Spider.device 3.22). Nothing even trying Poseidon 4.4 and also with OS 3.9 or OS 3.5, with BB or less.

Poseidon add in startup-sequence:
PsdLoadModule DEVS:input.device QUIET ;Added by Poseidon-InstallerIn particular variables in ENVARC:
and in user-startup:
ENVARC:psdStackloader

Finally variables ENVARC:

MMU yes or no?
SpiderBuf = 1?
Buster = 9?

Thanks to those who can help me.

Hi,
I purchased on Amibay a Elbox Mediator 4000di complete of Radeon 256mb, network card, Soundblaster 128 and Spider II. All certified Elbox.
I installed everything on my A4000 / 040 16MB buster 09 and OS 3.9 BB4. Everything works very well, I just have a problem with Spider II: when connect any usb device, system freezes and forces me to reboot.Using Poseidon 4.5 and I installed the last udpate MMCD2.3 (Spider.device 3.22). Nothing even trying Poseidon 4.4 and also with OS 3.9 or OS 3.5, with BB or less.

Poseidon add in startup-sequence:
PsdLoadModule DEVS:input.device QUIET ;Added by Poseidon-InstallerIn particular variables in ENVARC:
and in user-startup:

Finally variables ENVARC:

MMU yes or no?
SpiderBuf = 1?
Buster = 9?

Thanks to those who can help me.
I think the MMU setting is just to indicate if you don't have one. If you have a full 040 you don't need it, I don't have that variable set at all.
SpiderBuf=1 is fine, I have it set to 2.
Buster=9 should be correct if you have rev 9 Buster. If you upgrade to a Buster 11 change it to that.

Best suggestion is try to move what slot the Spider is in. Also check PCIInfo and verify your spider board shows up with the following:
Spider 1:
ClassCode: $c0310
SubsystemVendorID: $1033
SubsystemID: $35
Spider 2:
ClassCode: $c0310
SubsystemVendorID: $1033
SubsystemID: $35
Spider 3:
VendorID: $1033
SubsystemVendorID: $ee4
SubsystemID: $89e

Also the order of cards seems to be pretty picky there are a lot of conflicting reports on what order they should be in, what seems to work for me is:
Top slot=Sound or NIC doesn't matter
3rd slot=Sound or NIC doesn't matter
2nd slot=Video either Radeon or Voodo
1st slot=Spider
0th slot=Mediator Bridge
And check your jumper settings on the Mediator bridgeboard.

But the lines added by Poseidon:
startup-sequence:
PsdLoadModule DEVS:input.device QUIET
and in user-startup:

I have too keep ?
The jumpers are all closed.

My PCIINFO:
Pci Device 1: VendorID: $1033 VendorName: NEC Electronics DeviceID: $35 DeviceName: udp9210 Dual OHCI controllers plus Single EHCI controller ClassCode: $c0310 RevisionID: $41 InterruptPin: 1 SubsystemVendorID: $1033 SubsystemID: $35 MemSpace0: $40000000 - $40000fff
Pci Device 2: VendorID: $1033 VendorName: NEC Electronics DeviceID: $35 DeviceName: udp9210 Dual OHCI controllers plus Single EHCI controller ClassCode: $c0310 RevisionID: $41 InterruptPin: 2 SubsystemVendorID: $1033 SubsystemID: $35 MemSpace0: $40001000 - $40001fff
Pci Device 3: VendorID: $1033 VendorName: NEC Electronics DeviceID: $e0 DeviceName: 0x1033 USB 2.0 Host Controller ClassCode: $c0320 RevisionID: $2 InterruptPin: 3 SubsystemVendorID: $ee4 SubsystemID: $89e MemSpace0: $40002000 - $400020ff
Pci Device 4: VendorID: $1002 VendorName: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DeviceID: $5962 DeviceName: Rev_01 Radeon 9200 ClassCode: $30000 RevisionID: $1 InterruptPin: 0 SubsystemVendorID: $148c SubsystemID: $2062 MemSpace0: $50000000 - $5fffffff IOSpace1: $60c06000 - $60c060ff MemSpace2: $40010000 - $4001ffff RomSpace: $40020000 - $4003ffff
Pci Device 5: VendorID: $10ec VendorName: Realtek Semiconductor Corp DeviceID: $8029 DeviceName: 8172 Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC ClassCode: $20000 RevisionID: $0 InterruptPin: 3 SubsystemVendorID: $1259 SubsystemID: $2400 IOSpace0: $60c06400 - $60c0641f
Pci Device 6: VendorID: $1274 VendorName: Ensoniq DeviceID: $5880 DeviceName: 5880x Soundblaster (CT4750) ClassCode: $40100 RevisionID: $2 InterruptPin: 4 SubsystemVendorID: $1274 SubsystemID: $2000 IOSpace0: $60c06800 - $60c0683f

Thank you.

Last edited:
Your jumpers should not all be closed.
Master=On for me but should be open for Shark PPC :roll:
Winsize=Off for me but I only have 128MB Radeon, with 256mb it should be On.
Swap=Off this might be a problem for you it should only be On if you have a Zorro GFX card.

Your PCIInfo looks ok for the spider.
Though what is that wireless card? There's Wireless support with Mediator? With a PCI-E card? Is that using a PCI->PCI-E adapter or something?

I don't think the PSDStackloader and PSDLoadmodule really do anything for the Mediator, I think those are just so you can use USB on the Deneb during early startup and that. But mine is the same as well.

The card is not wireless but ethernet and works great.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to set the swap jumper off and now usb stick appears inposeidon without blocking the system. To make him see I set the maxtranfert in poseidon to 512kb.
Everything seems to work properly ...

:)

The card is not wireless but ethernet and works great.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to set the swap jumper off and now usb stick appears inposeidon without blocking the system. To make him see I set the maxtranfert in poseidon to 512kb.
Everything seems to work properly ...

:)
Glad to hear it. Now just figure out how to get the SB128 working in Fusion with 16 bit stereo for me. I'm stumped.

The MM CD 2.4 update for all Mediator models has been released*today.

The Mediator Multimedia CD UP 2.4 includes a new versions of:

- pci.library (ver. 9.11)
- Radeon.card (ver. 2.22)
- MedConfig (ver. 2.1)

MM_CD_UP2.4 archive is available for download at DOWNLOAD | Mediator PCI Software page.

With a Merry Christmas wishes,

Support Department of ELBOX COMPUTER
Web site:*http://www.elbox.com
Online Store:*http://shop.elbox.com

http://www.elbox.com/downloads_mediator.html

Hi Johnim thanks for posting this info!

I just wanted to get clarification on one thing: "had to put it in the last slot 4 and needs to below voodoo/radeon to work"

The spider is in the last slot, slot 4, right? Which slot is the radeon in?

I am getting the "SET_ADDRESS failed: response timeout(6)" type errors, which I see from your screen shot you also have, except mine never gets to the "hub.class | Device Vendor (etc) returned. Happy happy joy joy". Is it possible the usb stick I'm using is from an unknown vendor and won't work or I need to add a new entry to the Vendors.txt?

Andrew.

hi all who have mediators i dont know if you have seen this

mediator tools https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymvzh0j4gniuju4/kA7go8Gnw6

http://web.archive.org/web/20040603201805/http://vgr.com/mediator/software3rdparty.shtml
http://web.archive.org/web/200312121...dication.shtml

name version date location pci.library 9.6 beta 13 Dec 2010 Libs: Starting from this pci.library in Mediator PCI 1200TX working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers). You can even use 250 MB of the Radeon memory as regular Amiga memory!

Use MedConfig (ver.1.9) to allocate the required gfx card memory to the Amiga system.

i have just got my radeon working on the first mediator1200 i hope this works with this

list of supported devices http://www.elbox.com/mediator_driver_guide.html
list of drivers http://www.elbox.com/downloads_mediator.html
list of versions of mediator http://buy.elbox.com/cgibin/shop?show=2BB

for any one having problems with sound use ghostmix
http://aminet.net/package/driver/audio/GhostMix

To Install GhostMix, follow the following steps:
1. Copy GMStart to c:
2. Copy GhostMix and GhostMix.info to Prefs
3. From a Shell, type "GhostMix SAVE" to save your current settings ready for use from the next reboot
4. Change the line in user-sequence that says "MIXER NoGUI QUIET" to "GMStart"

pci.library 9.7 21 Dec 2010 Libs:
FastEthernet.device 1.25 21 Nov 2010 Devs:Networks
Virge.card 1.13 27 Dec 2010 Libs

Poseidon 4.4 stack

for spider put in
Devs:USBHardware

install posiden 4.4

delete the devices in trident

open a cli and enter:
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 2
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 0
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 1

it will then add 3 devices

2 for each set of ochi ports and i think the ehci high speed part

Mine is set to 8.
envarc:mediator/SpiderBuf

had to put it in the last slot 4 and needs to below voodoo/radeon to work

the radeon is in the bottom slot furthest from accelerator

you may need the device id but i dont know how to find it

One more question: I have bought a Voodoo3 3000 16mb for 3D support with Warp3D, what are the correct values of the variables ENVARC for my setup, please? The jumpers are master closed - winsize open - swap open

Amiga 4000/060 18+64mb ram OS 3.9.4 Mediator 4000di - Voodoo3 3000 16mb - Spider II - Realtek ethernet - Soundblaster 128

Thank you.

Does anyone have a recommendation on the "best" version of AHI to use with Mediator and SB128 for MP3 playback or in general? 5.16 or something like that comes on the MM CD but Novacoder for instance suggests not using anything later than ?4.18? as the later versions are too slow.

Can you install the drivers via a USB drive and not a cd?

You can copy CD contents to your HD (via usb drive or network etc) and install from there, you just may need to make an assign to the directory if the installer complains about not finding the volume.

Andrew.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The new version of pci.library for all Mediator models has been released today. [/FONT]

http://elbox.com/downloads_mediator.html

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The pci.library ver. 11.0 includes new procedure for allocation of the PCI memory. New procedure allows faster computer start when the multi-device PCI cards are used (e.g. Spider USB controller). New pci.library gives the possibility to reallocate (free and allocate) PCI spaces from the driver for the specific PCI card. It is useful in case of PCI cards, which do not report their PCI spaces typically (e.g. some PCI processor bridges).

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pci.library 11.0 can be downloaded from the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mediator software[/FONT] page.

If you are interested in the new updated MediatorSDK, contact
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ELBOX Developer Department[/FONT].[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Best regards,
ELBOX COMPUTER Team

Information on the current versions is available in the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOWNLOADS[/FONT] | [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mediator[/FONT] section. The current list of supported PCI cards is available in the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mediator Driver Guide[/FONT]. Information about Mediator-related sources you will find in the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMMUNITY[/FONT] section.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom