A few techy questions for the gurus

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
OKiez, if anyone can answer/explain the following it would be great!

[1] - What exactly does teh FASTROM switch of the CPU command do?!

[2] - Why does the SpeedyIDE module of Blizkick actually slow down IDE speed?!

[3] - Why is everything functioning well on my OS 3.9 install... except right clicking and selecting format to format a volume causes the system to lock, not crash (mouse pointer still moves) but lock, yet running Format from the icon works fine?!

[4] - What actually is the point of TLSFMem? It seems to make no decernable difference to speed, but causes half of your software to crash the system instantly?!

[5] - Are copy mem quick patches worthwhile? Running the latest 040 copymemquick on my system with OS 3.9 seems to make absolutely no difference what so ever.

[6] - Are there any modules for the Deneb actually worth installing?! If so, what are they?

[7] - Are there any modules for Blizkick actually worth installing?! Is so, what are they?

[8] - Why does it take 12 seconds to display a 16 bit iff 800 x 600 image on an 040 a4000 with the latest P96 installed?! Any yes, I have the P96 picture.datatype installed and the ilbm datatype from os 3.9.

[9] - Since OS 3.9 has a minimum stack setting in the Prefs/Workbench prefs... is there any point to StackAttack?

[10] - PatchControl has not been updated wince 1995... is it still worth installing?

....Ill leave it at that for the time being. :)

1) Copy the ROM content to RAM (needs a working MMU);

2) It is intended for accelerators with their own memory, not for A3640;

3) Don't know;

4) It prevents memory fragmentation, which occurs as long as the Amiga is running. Use an Amiga a entire day, opening & closing windows, games & apps without reboot. You'll notice the RAM decreasing without this app.

5) No;

6) Latest SCSI.device from Aminet, others you may find useful;

7) FastExec, mainly;

8 ) CPU use? CPU lag? Did you ever check with snoopDOS what's going on?

9) Yes;

10) Not that I remember...

Back
Top Bottom