klassiker

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Please enter region, state, county where you live
Hi,

looking for my old MS-DOS computer nor the Roland CM-32L sound module and the Roland LAPC-I.

Sorry, are you looking for the MPU card? Or are you looking specifically for the LAPC card that is an 8-bit internal ISA card. The LAPC is in all respects a CM32-L, just in an internal card form. Just curious.

Hi,

I am looking for the CM-32L as the external version and LAPC-I as an internal ISA card.

You are looking for both? Specs wise, they both are exactly the same, they both the have the same capabilities, including the vaunted water sound in Ultima Underworld. Why would you want both? With a good MPU-IPC-T card and a CM32-L you would be just fine. Now if you are looking for Sound Canvas capabilities, you need to look for the Roland SCC-1 as an internal card to connect through it's midi ports to the CM32-L. That would cover all of your bases on audio in classic PC games, as most General Midi pieces were composed on a Sound Canvas.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong? I am looking for one of the two.

Ahhh. I see. If you are interested in the LAPC-1 card, I would recommend also posting in a vintage DOS forum as well, as you might get some bites there. If you cannot find a CM-32L, you might check out the CM-64 which is essentially the same as the 32L except it can take PCM cards for additional sound effects. I have one and it works quite nicely.

Damn... every time I see or hear the word LAPC-I... I'm getting retr0 h0rny!
What an amazing piece of art :D

Good luck... you're gonna need it \o/

They aren't as uncommon as most people think. I know several people who own one, I did too up until about 2 years ago, I needed the money. The problem is getting someone who has one to part with it.

I didn't say they are ultra rare. But they aren't so common either.
The hard part as you said... if finding people that can part with them.
At least my friend Keropi... Wouldn't! LOL

The last time I saw one on e-bay it went for an ungodly amount of money. Check the Vogons classic computer forum. That's where I got mine, and I didn't have to pay with my first born child.

The last time I saw one on e-bay it went for an ungodly amount of money. Check the Vogons classic computer forum. That's where I got mine, and I didn't have to pay with my first born child.

Well believe it or not I have one on Ebay right now.... But I have no idea how much these are worth.

Last edited:
Roland LAPC-I (LAPC-1) Sound Card

Roland LAPC-I (LAPC-1) Sound Card

There is one for sale via ebay UK today, 1st Feb 2011. Hope this is useful.

Buy a Sound Blaster 16 model CT-2800 ONLY which has the Yamaha OPL3 onboard and pair it with a DaughterBoard. This is one of the best solutions for DOS Midi Games.

If you like Sierra Games then you have to Find a Roland SCB-55 DaughterBoard Card. Other wise you can buy the SB16 CT2800 with a Yamaha DB and you are 100% OK.

But an SCB-55 is only a sound canvas, and it doesn't do Multi Timbral effects or LA synthesis. This means for older games or games that don't support the sound canvas you might not have optimum music support.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Well believe it or not I have one on Ebay right now.... But I have no idea how much these are worth.

I'm not certain how much they are worth either, but the ones that I see on E-bay right now are considerably more expensive than what I got mine for. I wish the CM-300 wasn't so much because that would be perfect for this gentleman. It combines both the MT and the SC functions in one box. Sadly the price listed is way too much for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom