Centipede restoration

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
A friend of mine was recovering a Centipede machine.

He just got the bare board, with no controls or cabinet.

He didn't mind.:cool:

While searching for the problems, the first one arise: there was not Pokey chip on the board! Someone just take the chips and leave the board as-is...:Doh:

With the excellent help of zaxon in this very forum, the pair of chips came in one piece (OK, TWO PIECES :p ).

Then he go gophering around the board to notice the board had the custom "ROM" chip dead as a dodo.:banghead:

Rkauer to the rescue! We located a store in USA that still sells the custom ROM, he put a few money on my bank account, which I transferred to Paypal and off US of A the ROM gone to a trip to sunny Banana Land.:cool:

OK, enough talk! Let's see the hardware pr0n!:ninja:

Attachments

• 18022011384.jpg
    18022011384.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 18022011388.jpg
    18022011388.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 18022011392.jpg
    18022011392.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 0
Good stuff!

I loved Centipede, one day (if I get space) I would like to have a mint Centipede cabinet. Gauntlet would be nice also.
Another one I want (but I can't remember the name) is a tank game where you had two two sticks, and the tank could fire either straight line or lob projectiles.

Good stuff!

Another one I want (but I can't remember the name) is a tank game where you had two two sticks, and the tank could fire either straight line or lob projectiles.

tank.jpg

Tank, Kee Games/Atari Inc., 1974. Tank was the first videogame to use ROM (Read Only Memory) chips to store graphic data.

I owned a tank for a while, thats a heavy bugger.

The original game that the combat carts for the 2600 copied.

Laterm
dabone

Back
Top Bottom