Zorro

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Leeuwarden
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Ramsey revision -07 [FOUND] and/or DMAC revision -04.

Last edited:
Yeah, good luck with that! DMAC-04 are rare as hen's teeth!

What are you trying to achieve here? If you want to whack an A3640 into an A3000, you can usually get away with Kickstart 3.1 ROMs and page mode FastRAM. The DMAC-04 isn't essential.

Even if it is, I'd try a couple of other DMAC-02s first, or even consider a Zorro-based SCSI controller if your on-board one won't play ball with your CPU card.

Still, if you're determined to get a DMAC-04, I wish you the best of luck. :)

It's a thing

It's a thing

Yeah, good luck with that! DMAC-04 are rare as hen's teeth!

What are you trying to achieve here? If you want to whack an A3640 into an A3000, you can usually get away with Kickstart 3.1 ROMs and page mode FastRAM. The DMAC-04 isn't essential.

Even if it is, I'd try a couple of other DMAC-02s first, or even consider a Zorro-based SCSI controller if your on-board one won't play ball with your CPU card.

Still, if you're determined to get a DMAC-04, I wish you the best of luck. :)

Thanks. I know, ehm.. it's a thing of me to want the last revisions :LOL:
You never know if.. when.. :D

Thanks. I know, ehm.. it's a thing of me to want the last revisions :LOL:
You never know if.. when.. :D

Yup! There's a lot of that around here. We know exactly what you mean. In which case, all I can say is "Good luck" and when you find one, don't forget to take some photos!

Good Luck mate!! I have 2 Dmac rev04 but .... on my 2 A3000T :p:p:p:p
Send me your address ... ( Ramsey 07 )

Regards
Pedro (y)

Agreed, the quest for having the latest would make one desire a DMAC 04. They aren't impossible to find, but pretty damn close.

They were standard on the 3000T/040's, but that is the only production Amiga that left the factory with 04's. I find them every now and then ( once every 5-10 years) from local amiga users that bought them in the early 90's. Like said above, many DMAC 02'a will run with a Ramsey 07 and will run with different accelerator cards without issues.

My personal favorite it the warp engine 3040, but a good cyberstorm mkiii is hard to shake a stick at. :).

For your viewing pleasure: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...de-myth-buster-and-Refit&highlight=mythbuster

Good luck with the search, but I would plan on a multi year strategy for actually getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom