The bliss of having a boiler room in the basement

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
When we bought our house a year ago, I was delighted to find a workbench in the boiler room. I have now a soldering point set up in there and I can leave it as I please. :D
03032011126.jpg

I have a Spectravideo 728 opened up over there and in the antistatic bag is the motherboard of my A4000, waiting for coin battery installation.

Boiler rooms in the basement are not ideal locations for Over-Clockers wanting a cool environment.

Bliss, no....

ffs @ my CPU temp, yes!.... ;) :p

Kin

A year and it looks like that ?
You must be some neat freak as my last work bench had an even coating 5mm layer of solder balls, desoldering braid, pigtails overlaid with almost solid junk inside of 6 months.:p

A year and it looks like that ?
You must be some neat freak as my last work bench had an even coating 5mm layer of solder balls, desoldering braid, pigtails overlaid with almost solid junk inside of 6 months.:p

Well, there is also a dismantled C128 after the photo has been taken. But I do admit I don't get a chance to go down there soldering that often. :(

Our boiler is in the loft... Another wife free zone :D ! It's set up as my home office, and also homes my soldering station...

Im not married. I can solder where ever the hell I want hahahaha :LOL:

Watch out Fritzl's about... :eek:

Women seriously dont understand the affliction that is circuit boards and tech that we men need to tinker with and (break) enjoy!

Its what make us tick...luckily I have a spare bedroom which is known as the 'games room' hehe

Games room... There's another room in the basement that I plan to convert to games room, when time and budget permits. Will I ever see daylight again? :twisted:

Watch out Fritzl's about... :eek:

Women seriously dont understand the affliction that is circuit boards and tech that we men need to tinker with and (break) enjoy!

Its what make us tick...luckily I have a spare bedroom which is known as the 'games room' hehe
See I don't begrudge my other half this stuff. If anything I usually want to play too :D Pretty much our whole house has random PC/games parts scattered

Back
Top Bottom