CS PPC question

No, without the NCR 53C770 chip the SCSI part of the board will appear dead as a dodo.

No, without the NCR 53C770 chip the SCSI part of the board will appear dead as a dodo.

I never tried to run CSPPC without SCSI chip, but I'm 100% sure that BPPC is working without SCSI chip. I have such BPPC without SCSI chip and card is working.

I never tried to run CSPPC without SCSI chip, but I'm 100% sure that BPPC is working without SCSI chip. I have such BPPC without SCSI chip and card is working.

Maybe that's because some BPPCs were produced without the SCSI chip? :)

In contrast to CSPPCs, where all released models had the chip. So firmware may assume that if there's no chip, then the card is broken?

I do not believe nobody ever tried CS PPC without SCSI IC ...

Again: without the SCSI chip the SCSI part will not work. The remaining parts may work or not, pending on the firmware.

Again: without the SCSI chip the SCSI part will not work. The remaining parts may work or not, pending on the firmware.

Well, yes. It would be very impressive indeed if the SCSI part worked, despite having the chips removed! :LOL:

As for the rest of the card, why not take the chip off and find out?

Back
Top Bottom