PC Build

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey

Not a huge build but a build for my budget.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L Intel G41 (Socket 775) DDR2 microATX (New)
CPU: Q6600 quad core running at 3ghz (Second Hand)
Ram: 4gb dual channel (New)
GPU: HD5830 (New)
Cooler: Venom CPU Cooler (New)
Case: Commodore Gaming Case (New)

The only problem I had with this build was the side fan on the Commodore case had to come of otherwise the case would not close with the venom.

Stock Fan temps:
Idle 39c
Prime95 3 hours 65c

Venom temps
Idle 33c
Prime95 3 hours 49c

So venom has made a big change in the temps. Dont forget above temps at with the 3.0ghz overclock.

If anyone is interested I have a spare LGA775 heatsink and fan and the side fan from the commodore case which has all the leds.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Lookin' good mate, thats a crazy CPU Cooler LOL :ninja:(y)

Cheers m8, yeah that cooler is a beast. Was shocked when the box turned up, thought I needed another brand new case just to fit the cooler :)

I messed the pics up. I will fix them asap so they are not as big.

Cheers

excellent build. Have a quick question though... Did you find the 5830 for a great price? I only ask because around here the 6870 is roughly the same price and it's about 15% faster on average. Just curious.

excellent build. Have a quick question though... Did you find the 5830 for a great price? I only ask because around here the 6870 is roughly the same price and it's about 15% faster on average. Just curious.

Hi m8

Sent you a PM as I am not sure if I can say the price I got it for. Price is in PM.

But overclockers had a sale on them last month so I got mine rather cheap I think (y) I would not pay full price for these cards. But they are good cards, plays everything new so far. That will be another upgrade in a few months I think, this is really just to get me started with something half decent you know.

Cheers

EDIT:

Are you sure you are lookign at the same card, 6870 seems to be almost double the price of the 5830.

Yeah I was looking at the correct card. Your pricing is different from ours. Granting I was taking into consideration that here the 6870 and 6850 cards have very nice big mail in rebates on them locally and the 5830 doesn't. And I agree better idea not post the prices in the thread as that could be construed as price leading.

My new speakers turned up today as well. I cant have surround sound in my corner as nowhere to attach the back speakers :(

Got the xbox 360 wireless pad and the wireless part for the PC for Force Unleashed 2 and Batman (My fav games). Keyboard/mouse are also wireless.

Pretty happy right now, until a few months when I am forced to upgrade GPU again ;)

Cheers for looking

Nice work, I keep an eye on overclockers, new site to me :) Thanks could do with a few things myself.

I've got a venom on my x6 it's a lovely cooler..wth some mx-3 ofc ;)
Nice work, I keep an eye on overclockers, new site to me :smile: Thanks could do with a few things myself.

i boycotted them not just because the screwed me about by selling me a second hand sony netbook they said was new then tried to bullshit me for a month but because they are way dearer than lots of other places and their postage options suck..i moved to scan

I've got a venom on my x6 it's a lovely cooler..wth some mx-3 ofc ;)
Nice work, I keep an eye on overclockers, new site to me :smile: Thanks could do with a few things myself.

i boycotted them not just because the screwed me about by selling me a second hand sony netbook they said was new then tried to bullshit me for a month but because they are way dearer than lots of other places and their postage options suck..i moved to scan

Yeah awesome coolers to say the least. I used mx-4 on mine which helps even more.

Shame you had issues with overclockers, I have always found them very good, also you can get some very good deals on there. But like everything you need to look around if you have a certain product in mind for the best price. I got my new speakers from Scan.

I got my complete system minus CPU and Speakers from overclockers on reduced price and all by DPD next day service, I cant rate them high enough. I also rate Scan high as well, they were next day on my speakers, I have used them in the past for stuff I cant remember right now.

Overclockers do next day DPD courier or smaller items first class royal mail. So postage options are as good as anywhere imo. I dont know if this has always been like this or something they have improved since they messed you around.

But its like everything, every company upsets someone, noone has 100% good record, not even here.

Cheers

I do like a bit of bling :) My case Is prob a bit fancy for most weighing in at over 300 quid when I bought it the quite awesome Zalman gt 1000. Beautifully constructed case

Good luck with Scan... They used to be ok but i've had nothing but problems with them after ordering parts for my recent PC build. A few parts from a single order ended up being faulty and Scan would not exchange them, they could only do a refund (which takes around a week to clear) which meant i had to cough up more money to buy the replacement parts while waiting for my refund (n)

Scan also have a habit of selling ex-display, opened and customer returned items as new (The faulty case i received had clearly been used and the box had been resealed)... I've personally never had any issues with ebuyer or Novatech and have never used Overclockers after all the horror stories i keep reading.

Also, keep an eye on Scans warranty terms and return policies... I bought an Acer TV/monitor and it turned out to be faulty but Scan refused to refund or exchange it because i had owned it for longer than 5 days... Thats right, they'll only refund or replace the monitor if i had it for 5 days or less otherwise they send it off for repair (a screen which is less than a week old being sent off for repair!!).

Here's an absolute BS quote from Scans RMA page:

'The Industry average on component failure rates is 1% or less , and in many instances hardware is wrongly diagnosed as "faulty" by customers due to their inadequate knowledge.'

1% or less? Thats a joke right? :blased:

very nice m8 and almost like my pc inside although i think your heaksink is a bit overkill as i have the same cpu chip running at the same speed on a stock heatsink and fan and it dont go over 35c.

Loving the keyboard and mouse though

Back
Top Bottom