Multiple CF Cards

zabrin

Country
United States
Region
Michigan
Sorry if this was asked before...

Can you have multiple CF HD's in an Amiga 1200 desktop. I am going to have 2 so might as well see if I can use both of them.

Z.

In a nut shell

yes you can.... however some CF cards don't have the ability to be relegated as a SLAVE device and must be set as MASTER.

to get around this I would suggest the use of a 4x buffered IDE port, (these are relatively in-expensive and will allow upto 4 IDE devices being added to your Amiga. (A600/A1200)

Sweet, I just saw those at amigakit. Looks like I am going to have to spend some more money. My wife is going to be :censored: Oh well, what is new. She knew what she was getting when she married me. (y)

Z.

i tried dual slot compactflash to ide but only the master slot was seen by amiga but could of been the compactflash card in 2nd slot didnt like being a slave lol

Its nice to know, I am not the only one with a weakness ;)

Bought one of these the other day...

dual-cf.jpg

Had to remove metal parts on both sides and cut two PCB corners to fit Amiga's IDE cable but it's working... sort of. I got mixed results, depends on the cards I use.

old unknown card (master) + old SanDisk (slave) = OK
new SanDisk (master) + old SanDisk (slave) = FAIL (only master is recognized, HDD LED is always lit)

Weird, both SanDisk cards seem identical. One is bought years ago (came with Amiga) and the other couple of days ago.

Don't have two single adapters nor appropriate IDE cable at the moment. It's fine as it is now (old unknown + old sandisk). I'll experiment with different brands, adapters and cables when one of the cards inside stops working. Considering Amiga's writing habits, this could take a while.

Back
Top Bottom