Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my fellow AmiBayers

Today I am pleased to (finally) release these little adapters into the wilde

She is a simple 8bit IDE interface that grants your spectrum the ability to use Hard disks and complact flash card via an IDE adapter.

Here is one setup with my modified +3e

So what can this do?

Well this Adpater is driven by the Z80 and the ROM on the Spectrum, at the moment this adapter has been extensively tested with the +3e ROM(s) that can be used on the Spectrum +2 (A/B) Black models and the Spectrum +3

You can load format, partition load and save programs from basic input or from tape or even floppy. you can load 48k and 128k snapshots files from hard disk device.

Interestingly this adapter can write to the hard disk device from the spectrum, which is something the DivIDE cannot do as yet. However this adapter is a little more invloved to use as it will require you to initially pick up some basic commands.

Have a look here at this demonstation of the IDE adapter running under FUSE

Getting data to an 8bit device is a little convoluted but not to bad, I will be doing a guide for this shortly as it uses only a couple of programs and either FUSE or EightyOne emulators.

So if this sounds like somthing you want to have a play with then this little gem can be yours for only £15 + postage.

Compatability

Spectrum +2AB and +3
This adapter is compatible with the +2e and +3e Spectrum computers. you will need the +3e ROM's in either of the +2AB or +3 for this adapter to work.

If you need +3e ROM's just send me 2x 27x256 EPROM's or OTP's in a self address envolope and I will program for you FOC =)

Spectrum 48k and 48k+
This adapter is compatible with the 48k and the 48k+ Spectrum, although this spectrum will require the PP ROM (Pera Putnik ROM) that is availbe online - I have yet to personally test this on a 48k/48k+ machine so a guide will be comming soon.

Again, I am happy to program foc a ROM for you, all you need to do is send me a 27c128 to Program in a self address envolope.

Spectrum 128k (toast rack) and Spectrum +2 128 (Grey)
This would require the adpater to be modified before use, I will post up details on how to do this. you would also need 128k PP ROM.

As above I am here to help out, so send me a 27c128 in a self address envolope and I will program one for you =)

So if you want to partake of all the fun, then grab one of the 20 units that I have for £15 + postage

I'm definitely having one of these having seen them live. (y)
(That counts as a declaration of interest BTW)

Declaring interest. I need at least one for sure. @Z: are there enough available? I need to track a fella Spectrum owner 'cause i know he'd be interested in one too, but can i make a reservation for the second one?
PM en route :)

I'd like one please keith :)

no idea why but what the hell , my zx would love it.

I'm interested on one.... :cool: This could stop the sale of my +3e !! Also, it's compatible with +2 grey, is it? I need pp roms, And what else do I need?

Hi there Zetr0,

I am also interested in this lovely interface for my +3 PM on its way (y)

Hmm. This sounds like a lot of fun. No time for it really but put me up for one too!

Does it require a lot of alteration for a grey +2 Zetr0 ?

Hi

I'm interested, for a 48k speccy - will need a rom and to know how much of it will fit in the case..

Cheers!

Declaring interest, if any still available. PM on the way.

WOW!

lots of interest... I just got back from Nottingham Hospital, so please bare with me and I will update everyone =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom