Solution for external Flicker fixer?

Ordered one of these today :D

Johnim, If you are making cables for this, how much would it cost for one to be made?

Last edited:
Ye ive ordered one as well, so i'll take you up on your cable offer just let me know what you would like in return :)

Hi,

Looks like a nice solution.

But if understand well, I need to made a custom cable (as showed in your pics) to connect to my Amigas.

The "standard" Amiga-RGB to VGA adapter, don't work without modification, right?

Thanks

Hi

From what I understand so far, this board can only output 60Hz, which essentially makes it not very useful for PAL (jerky motion in games & demos).
Is this correct?

Also, is the output resolution selectable, or is it set by the device according to the input H/V scan rates?

I just received one of these boards today, but am in 2 minds as to whether to use it or not - my monitor de-interlaces the image fine, and I can cope with the flicker, as all the games I play don't use interlaced mode...

Anyway, my idea for using this was to use a scart socket as the input, feeding the video to the relevant pins, and passing audio out to a 3.5mm socket:

Mig ---scart-------]vgabox[----VGA
|
|---- Audio

Then, I could use the same board to easily display my amstrad, st etc which all use different connectors but all can output to scart.

Would this work as some sort of nice standard VGA converter?

hi guys for this cable to be made you need the multi cable that comes with board and power cable and either

a 23pin female socket and housing for the video port( need to find a supplier)

or a rgb to scart to be converted (can keep scart connector on for normal tv if needed)

or an old 520 modulator for the a500

or a 23pin to 15pin adapter not in use

and maybe 4 resistors havent tried with them yet
for the resistors from maplins

let m know john

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Is the 23pin female socket and housing for the video port amiga specific or is there a chance to find them somewhere on the web?

rgb to scart to be converted (can keep scart connector on for normal tv if needed).. this option sounds good to me would you just take the video port and attach the cable that is needed from that?

or an old 520 modulator for the a500 < will this be just to get the video port connector off?

23pin to 15pin adapter - any idea where to get these from?

and maybe 4 resisters havent tried with them yet for the resistors it cost £0.96 from maplins < will i need to order these or are you going to buy a joblot and ask for it back?

Also mate, what/how much do you want for providing such a service? :)

Barry

hi mate

if wanted im looking for enclosure that it fits into the board is 115mm x 105mm about 40-50mm high to allow for heat sink dissipation
mine is an old one

Is the 23pin female socket and housing for the video port amiga specific or is there a chance to find them somewhere on the web? looking for female socket not found yet tho Have housings thanks to imnogeek

rgb to scart to be converted (can keep scart connector on for normal tv if needed).. this option sounds good to me would you just take the video port and attach the cable that is needed from that? yes proberly best option

or an old 520 modulator for the a500 < will this be just to get the video port connector off? yes

23pin to 15pin adapter - any idea where to get these from? no

and maybe 4 resistors havent tried with them yet for the resistors from maplins < will i need to order these or are you going to buy a joblot and ask for it back? maybe job lot ask back

Also mate, what/how much do you want for providing such a service?:smile:
just price of components and return postage

Last edited:
it looks like the 5v+ on pin 23 of the video port is not enough for this board the manual says 5v 2a

but the port only gives out 100ma

any ideas/help guys

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

i found the problem the 5v resistor was dead as it gave 5v before but 2v after so swaped with another and works now

mines sorted mate in box all working from miggy port. Was faulty resistor on 5v pin 23

Ah awesome, Any chance of pictures of the cables?
I'm gonna try making a cable myself as I have all the bits but if I fail I might send them to you to do if thats ok?
:)

How long did delivery take for you guys? it's getting on for a week since i ordered mine and no signs yet (but coming from china 3 weeks before any panic starts). I will definately want one of the cables you make johnim, Im not fussed how much the parts come to as long as it gets my A1200 on my lcd monitor properly, so if you are just gonna do a limited number please put my name on one :)

mine took 3 weeks to come

No worries acid just send me the multi colour cable and the power cable for the board when it comes

Johnim, Could you post some pictures up for us please.
I can't work out what to do on my cable with the resistors.

i will when i get home after 6 i never used the resistors tho

Well i got home from work to be surprised to see it was here already (9 days since i ordered it). The only thing that was in the box is the board and some cable which i'm assuming is the mentioned power cable.

So what do I need to do now? without instructions i'm not even sure how to test it.. do i actually need a power supply for it to work with anything? and if i do will any standard 5v supply do the job such as this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-100V-2...ctronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item1c1e50f4f2

I would like to have this in my tower and will either look for a way to mount it to the case or at worst have it in the bottom with cables coming out of the tower, but what i want to know is could this board be powered from the tower's psu? (hopefully just using off the shelf cables).

could this board be powered from the tower's psu? yes mate from 5v line

did you get cables from pics 1 and 2 post 26 ,power and video

Yes both of those cables are there (they were packed up tight i thought it was one cable at first). Is the 5V line usually free and how would i go about doing it?

Back
Top Bottom