A1200 Wireless

flip

AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Holland
Heya all,

Anyone ever tried to get a Cisco Aironet (350 series) Wireless LAN adapter to work on an A1200?

Before I put in a lot of time an efford it would be nice to know if there is any chance of success... I've read something about these cards not being Prism based and that could be a problem.

Any thoughts about this would be appreciated!

Thanks.

You need to find out what chipset the card uses and whether there is driver support for the Amiga.

Oh, and before all that, you need to make sure it's a 16-bit PCMCIA card, or it's a non-starter.

Netgear MA-401s have the Intersil Prism chipset for which there is driver support. I vaguely recall there might be some Orinoco WaveLAN cards with the same chipset. If it's a different chipset, see if there's driver support for it.

(y)

Thanks for the pointers AndyLandy!

I'm sure the 350 is a 16-bit card but I'm not 100% about the chipset so I'll have a browse around the internet and see if I can come up with something.

As far as I know, only the Orinoco series (Bronze, Silver & Gold models) and the MA401 are suitable to use the prysm.device (the PCMCIA wireless driver).

There are loads of cards based on prism2. Have a look at this post. (Perhaps I should have made a new thread for it back in june..)

Thanks for the list frodegh, nice work! Missed that thread earlier.

I'll give it a go as soon as I've got the wireless network up 'n' running again. It think it's worth a try.

Thanks for the answers all.

In case someone was wondering whether this card works or not with Amiga. I got one today but unfortunately it does not. OP could have saved us unnecessary testing by fulfilling his last promise but never mind, the mystery is solved now ;)

Back
Top Bottom