Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
Looking for a bit of Fastram to stick in an Amiga 1200 I am brewing up for a friend. Its just going to be playing a few whdload bits 'n' pieces. FPU, 030 etc not needed.

4mb will be fine, but I won't turn down more :) Has to be pcmcia friendly in one way or another.

Problem is, strict budget. Max £45 - £50 uk to be spent

Offers?

If you get a fast ram only trapdoor card it will need to be a 4MB one AFAIK because these were the cards when in 8MB conflicted with the PCMCIA slot. Only accelerator cards avoided this conflict most of the time.

I've got a 4MB A1200 expansion you might be interested in. I will need to test it and make sure it is still working, but it is yours for £25 + postage if you want it.

Hi,

Yes, that would be ideal :)

I know some 8mb cards can have their upper 4mb disabled, heck, that truly is a waste.

Let me know either way.

Ta v. much

Chinners

OK, I've now tested the memory expansion and it works perfectly.

It is a Zydec FPU1208 ZIP V2 - with "FPU1208 - A1200 Accelerator - (C) J Williams 1993,94" written on the back.

It takes ZIP Ram and is populated with 4MB, but can have another 4MB added later to upgrade it to 8MB if needed as it has the spare sockets for it.

The card has an on/off switch that can easily be reached with the card installed in the A1200 trapdoor, so you can disable the ram if needed.

It also has sockets to add a FPU and supports both PGA and PLCC 68881/2 FPUs, but none are currently installed.

I've taken some images below showing the board, both front and back, as well as a closeup of the battery to show it is in good condition and hasn't ever leaked. I've also run the card on an A1200 and have taken 2 screenshots showing the board displayed in the early startup menu, and also in Workbench showing it providing 4MB of fast ram.

It is also definitely PCMCIA friendly as I used to use this with various PCMCIA expansions such as a SCSI Squirrel adapter and a PCMCIA HDD.

If you would like this board then it will be £25 + £3.50 1st class recorded postage, so total would be £28.50. I will PM you my details.

I should have the original box it came in when new somewhere and will try to locate it for you if I can. Otherwise it will be well packed for posting.

Attachments

• FPU1208_1.jpg
    FPU1208_1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FPU1208_2.jpg
    FPU1208_2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FPU1208_3.jpg
    FPU1208_3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FPU1208_4.jpg
    FPU1208_4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FPU1208_5.jpg
    FPU1208_5.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Excellent looking beastie. Yes, I will have it, and will pay as soon as I get your deets.

(y)

I thought I had PM'd you them already but just checked my sent box and didn't look like I actually sent the PM. Doh! PM now sent to you with Paypal details.

I will get the parcel in the post tomorrow for you.

I thought I had PM'd you them already but just checked my sent box and didn't look like I actually sent the PM. Doh! PM now sent to you with Paypal details.

^ That's the sort of thing I do... I aught to trademark or patent it, then sue everyone who forgets to press send. :)

I will get the parcel in the post tomorrow for you.

(y)

Cheers!

Money received. Thanks :)

Will pop it in the post tomorrow morning for you and PM you the recorded tracking details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom