Greece
    Region:
    Glyfada/Athens
    Feedback
    72 (100%)

I have another 2.5 LCD you can have for free my friend
    We'll talk soon anywayz
    Visit my Amiga Blog: http://www.mfilos.com
    - A600: Vampire V2, 128MB, A604n, 16GB CF, Indivision ECS, RapidRoad USB, Ratte's auto RTG/ECS switch, Gotek w/HxC-LCD + Slim floppy (internal)

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    131 (100%)

The always-helpfull Marios! You've been so generous where it involves my projects mate, dunno how to pay back what you've done
    Thanks!
    Now, here's an update..
    I decided to do a "test drive" of the screen, giving it power from an external USB hard disk case, just to see if it works. There's a 4-pin molex for regular disks from which i drew power over the 12vdc line. This screen has no buttons, no menus, nada. So, when you power it on, you see nothing but a black screen, as if it were shut off. First, i connected a DVD player to it.
    Mighty fine picture! Then, i thought of trying the living room HTPC. And the result was more than just sat.
    So, here's some pictures of the test:

(Shakey are we? lol) Here's the whole whatchamacallit assembly..

A screen from the DVD player startup

And then some pics from the login screen of XP.

Screenshots just don't do it justice there. Poor camera, probably wrong angle too. But it really looks neat live

Here's how i drew power

And once again the whole gear..

Next step is to find out how to invert the picture horizontally. I need to find out how left goes right and vice-versa. Where the HUD is involved, the mirror facing the screen will naturally be projecting the image inverted.
    This needs a solution, i assume there's at least 3 alternative ways to go.
    My thinking is:
    1) Maybe there's a driver that supports the inverted function (not just rotate, or flip vertically, needs to flip horizontally). Up till now, the GF 7300 i tested hasn't got that option using NVidia's menu.
    2) Maybe there's a 3rd party utility for such cases, or perhaps a plugin for the Falcon 4 i have to look out for.
    3) Perhaps the usage of a second mirror ideally placed to invert the image back to normal before projection.
    Yeah, i know, i already have a headache..

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Bristol
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Are you able to put two lens' stacked to invert the image horizontally again before it hits the mirror? It would mean extending the focal length of the projected image, if you have room.

The 1 That Ribbits VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
    Feedback
    80 (99%)
    Blog Entries

nice cute little screens, not sure if theres a hack for the nivida drivers to flip horz or I fully understand what u want cos way I see it is to flip horizontally is same same rotate 180 degrees and then flip vertcaly but it isn`t the same, ouch my head hurts hehehe still think getting this in ya monitor drivers is best way to go, Love machines with loads of monitors hanging of them, only got 2 here but would love to have more connected

The one that Ribbits Frist Ribbits Loudest :rainbow::boing::inlove:
    If it dos`t work Hit it with a Hammer, If that dost work get a bigger Hammer, If that dos`t work get the gas axe out :mad:
    Up Front and Central Takeing flack as usual so the rest of you can do that pincer movement

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.D View Post
    Are you able to put two lens' stacked to invert the image horizontally again before it hits the mirror? It would mean extending the focal length of the projected image, if you have room.
    I haven't experimented with lenses in the past, so i really don't know much about them actually.. I have found a couple of 5" diameter lens, one is described as a 3-element build, and the other as a 5-element one.
    Perhaps there's a single lens that would allow the desired flip, dunno.
    Here's where i read all about it concerning the theory behind HUDs: http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/hud/h..._displays.html
    In particular, i was thinking of using the example that appears on http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/images/simhud2.jpg
    Now, room is another matter. I'd have to build a temporary case and place things in a manner that i can adjust them and move around.
    By the way, here's another very interesting approach, albeit it uses an existing A-7 HUD! http://www.mattssimulator.com/sim_021.htm
    Now, where's them darned planes when you need to just shoot one down!

The 1 That Ribbits VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
    Feedback
    80 (99%)
    Blog Entries

Intresting reading about the Combiners, liked the bit on Holographic Combiners

The term “holographic HUD” brings to mind something out of Star Trek or Star Wars, perhaps a little 3D image of a gremlin standing on the aircraft’s nose alerting the pilot to potential threats or targets by making obscene gestures. Sadly, such is not the case. The reality is much more mundane. A holographic HUD simply uses a holographic optical element or HOE as the combiner.
    The one that Ribbits Frist Ribbits Loudest :rainbow::boing::inlove:
    If it dos`t work Hit it with a Hammer, If that dost work get a bigger Hammer, If that dos`t work get the gas axe out :mad:
    Up Front and Central Takeing flack as usual so the rest of you can do that pincer movement

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    131 (100%)

Another minor update. This just came in:

That's a 4x20 character inverted red lcd display, with a USB interface.
    Will be useful as a DED (Data Entry Display) whereas it shows comms frequencies and various other data.
    Plugs directly to the motherboard.

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    131 (100%)

Well, after quite a while, health is starting to improve
    So here's a small update:

A few of the panels after some coats of spray lacquer. Light does not help in understanding the quality..

Here's the ICP on a sheet of plexiglass for cutout measurements. This is a "milky-white" sheet, which helps a lot on backlighting.

Now that's some fence-protection material LOL. If anyone knows what an actual ICP looks like, there's some sorta "spacers" between buttons.

Of course size does not match (yet), but i'll modify it. Gotta keep a real slow pace for my own good
    Stay tuned!

Amibayer!
    Staff Moderator
    Country
    England
    Region:
    birmingham
    Feedback
    153 (100%)

very nice mate thanks for update

and happy health is starting to improve
    A1200T 1d4:blizzard 1260/50/64mb:fastata-iv:amiga to ps2 mouse:80gb hd:zip100 ide:a4000 keyboard
    A1200D 1d4:blizzard1230mk4/50/64mb:indy mk ii:fastata mk ii:40gb*A1200 rev 2b*2 x A1200 1d4*A1200 1b*A600 2mb 4gb*A500
    PC:8700k@4.8ghz, Msi sli plus mobo, Corsair 32gb ddr4 3000mhz, Evga 1080ti ftw hybrid, Evo 970 m2 500gb.

sfs cf guide http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=19953 cwb3.9 guide http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=20315 mediator drivers http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=11993 p96 newres guide(radeon install) http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...905#post325905

Incoming ASROC! VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    GREECE
    Region:
    Athens
    Feedback
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnim View Post
    very nice mate thanks for update

and happy health is starting to improve
    Thanks John! Here's the plexiglass cut: