Status
Not open for further replies.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
This is the first of the daily advent questions.

The goal is to collect as many points as you can until the 24th of December when the last question is asked.

The winner after 24 questions collects €150 to spend at AmigaKit.

The rules are:

1. Prize is €150 funds to spend on AmigaKit.
  2. Staff of Amibay are unable to participate (members with access to Staff chat area where correct answers are kept).
  3. There will be posted one question each day.
  4. First 5 posters after a question is published will be awarded points in declining order; 5, 4, 3 ,2 and 1 point.
  5. Questions with bonus points award points evenly between five first posters.
  6. It's not allowed to edit your post, if you do your answer is disqualified.
  7. Members disrupting the quiz with off topic posts or otherwise disrupting behavior will be disqualified from compo and might earn a freeze on their account.
  8. Points are tallied each day.
  9. Compo is open to any member of AmiBay since December 1st 2011
  10. Winner is announced after 24th of December 2011, before 31st of December 2011. Most likely the 25th :wink:
  11. Play nice, it's mostly for fun.
Now, to the first question:

Question:
Which American rock band have received tribute in Amiga hardware? For a bonus name the hardware, one point for each.
Scoring of this question:

• 5 points to first correct poster
  • 4 points to second correct poster
  • 3 points to third correct poster
  • 2 points to fourth correct poster
  • 1 point to fifth correct poster.

The first five correct posters can score up to 3 extra points on this one.

Last edited:
This is the first of the daily advent questions.

The goal is to collect as many points as you can until the 24th of December when the last question is asked.

The winner after 24 questions collects €150 to spend at AmigaKit.

Is this open to Amigakit staff members too, :).
Im only joking, nice idea though.

Sorry for off topic, just wanted to say nice idea.

^^^
Disqualified - but I am disqualfied too, anyway.....:LOL:

Sorry for off topic, just wanted to say nice idea.

Thanks, it´s just a bit of Advent fun. We´ve got lots of great questions lined up. We hope everyone will participate even though only the first 5 are scored. It´s to keep administration of the compo to a minimum, and minimize the impact google has on these kind of things :)

(although a little unfair as the person that will win will be the person able to spend the most time refreshing the amibay pages, as some loyal members can only log on from time to time due to other commitments)

It´ll average out I hope. As I don´t think I´ll post each days question at the same time each day.

I´m the one managing the compo, and I´ve got commitments too besides this site. Some days I´ll post the question in the morning, other days in the evening, or during my lunch hour as today.

And just wait, I do really hope that you´ll find some of these questions hard, so that it´ll take some time to figure out what the answer is.

Also, you can all subscribe to the forum, and each question thread so you can get an e-mail when the forum updates. When the next thread arrives, I can also post at this thread so that people subscribing can know that there is movement :)

But remember, it´s most for fun and games. I can´t wait to see how you guys will do on some of the questions that´s in store...

Ooo let me guess?

Could it be the B-52s?

A500 - Rock Lobster
A600 - June Bug
A1200 - Channel Z

Last edited:
It´ll average out I hope. As I don´t think I´ll post each days question at the same time each day.

I´m the one managing the compo, and I´ve got commitments too besides this site. Some days I´ll post the question in the morning, other days in the evening, or during my lunch hour as today.

And just wait, I do really hope that you´ll find some of these questions hard, so that it´ll take some time to figure out what the answer is.

Also, you can all subscribe to the forum, and each question thread so you can get an e-mail when the forum updates. When the next thread arrives, I can also post at this thread so that people subscribing can know that there is movement :)

But remember, it´s most for fun and games. I can´t wait to see how you guys will do on some of the questions that´s in store...

I do see one possible problem though.
TimeZones.

TimeZones.

We've discussed this. That's why some questions will come in the morning, while other at evening/night. It'll be +/-12h on time of day, so it'll give everyone a fighting chance :)

Besides, like we see from todays question; not everyone collects all the bonus points... So it'll be a thriller I think.

Now, any further questions about the particulars of the compo can be directed to me in PM, and the staff and I will discuss them :)

Happy Advent Quizzing!

TimeZones.

We've discussed this. That's why some questions will come in the morning, while other at evening/night. It'll be +/-12h on time of day, so it'll give everyone a fighting chance :)

Besides, like we see from todays question; not everyone collects all the bonus points... So it'll be a thriller I think.

Now, any further questions about the particulars of the compo can be directed to me in PM, and the staff and I will discuss them :)

Happy Advent Quizzing!

Ah, good, :).

No more posts from me.

It seems I am over the first 5 answers. I get the system. Are vip members allowed? Even for the fun of it?

PS: B 52 was very popular overhere and spoken to be on the mobo of the a500 and band members on the chipset.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

And do not forget Andy Warhol he credited the Amiga painting but also had a band

AFAIK VIPs doesnt have staff area access. So it seems ok to me. Merlin?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

A lame band, but he had one, indeed.

Vips are allowed, as far as I know. Go for it!

-BTW: the extra bonus points may worth a try! A very nice surprise will result by this quiz!

AFAIK VIPs doesnt have staff area access. So it seems ok to me. Merlin?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Correct; VIPs are allowed to enter. (y)

@ all

Some of the questions won't be as easy as today's one; we are breaking you in gently, before we drop some tougher ones into the mix.

I was thinking that one who doesn't know the answer, he can easily 'cheat' by typing his answer taken from the first member who answered, and so he can easily win 4 points etc. The same applies to the third member in row and so on.

Maybe it was better to receive the answers via PMs to Arnljot probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom