Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Amiga Lounge on-line store!

insane in the main frame Amibayer! quarkx's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Default Welcome to the new Amiga Lounge on-line store!

Hello, everyone,
    I am inviting everyone to stop by my new "online" store. the URL is store.amigalounge.com. Besides my blog at amigalounge.com, the store was set up to help everyone who needs "odds and ends". I am not competing with the big boys, rather than thinning out my own collection, in hopes someday to open a computer museum. The PC parts and cable were left over from when my computer store shut down. I take Paypal only at the moment. A new look is something we are working on at the moment.
    Please note:
    My store is in "beta" right now. I wanted a simple store with little or no active scripting (which I despise).
    Prices INCLUDE Shipping in North America. On another forum, people could not wrap their heads around this and were constantly "complaining" on the prices. All other countries, please feel free to e-mail.
    Any and all constructive suggestions are welcome.
    The goal of this is to NOT make alot of profit or money, but the money made does go to support the community and get more(and or Better) Amiga stuff. I regularly support the other On-line Dealers like Red and AmigaKit.
    The store is changing everyday.
    The prices are all over the place.Some fantastic deals, Only the stuff I really do not wish to part with (unless the price is right) is priced High. Remember shipping from Canada is included in the price and to be frank, anything that can not be stuffed into an envelope will cost at least $5. Any "overshipping" charges will be refunded.
    Prices are not set in stone: E-mail for negotiation.
    All products (unless stated) are tested again before shipping and are guaranteed working when shipped; I know that sounds like a no brainer, but some people think I should warranty and test parts that I know are defective. (really!) These parts are sold as non-working parts and are clearly stated.
    So please take a minute and swing on by, you never know, you may find something you really need!
    My new blog at http://amigalounge.com is Amiga browsing friendly, stop on by for cool tech news with a geeky slant.Youtube video channel is Glenvdb1. My prices go UP once something is tested and verified working, your opportunity to save money on Untested "As is" merchandise. my things are now only posted for a week at a time,I am a Smoker

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Manchester
    Feedback
    38 (100%)

Default Re: Welcome to the new Amiga Lounge on-line store!

Hi quarkx, welcome to AmiBay!!

Just to clarify things for the benefit of our global members, can you please confirm that your currency prices stated above are in Canadian Dollars, not American Dollars, as I believe the exchange rate can be different?

Thanks

Merlin
    The future's so Retr0bright, I gotta wear shades.....

As rkauer said:-
    "Retro computers seems like an orgasm: it is always better to have a real one than fake it".

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Hi quarkx, welcome to AmiBay!!

Just to clarify things for the benefit of our global members, can you please confirm that your currency prices stated above are in Canadian Dollars, not American Dollars, as I believe the exchange rate can be different?

Thanks

Merlin
    Hi Merlin,
    The prices are all in fact US prices. Trust me, It saves a LOT of confusion that way (and Paypal does all the conversions anyway)
    My new blog at http://amigalounge.com is Amiga browsing friendly, stop on by for cool tech news with a geeky slant.Youtube video channel is Glenvdb1. My prices go UP once something is tested and verified working, your opportunity to save money on Untested "As is" merchandise. my things are now only posted for a week at a time,I am a Smoker

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

I just want to bump this thread up and get opinions. I have only gotten about half a dozen hits from Amibay, so I am wondering what the issue is. Is it Not very many people are seeing this thread?. Nobody cares about a "new" on-line store? I am wondering if Amibay has no room for people like me and would prefer if I just listed everything by thread. I have a lot of books and Manuals, and some out there probably needs some of this stuff?

Country
    U.K.
    Region:
    Cornwall
    Feedback
    48 (100%)

If I may be so bold & in a simple one sentence answer:

"Market is driven by parts actually wanted & the cost of said parts".

One could also say you have no A1200 stock, which is probably where most of the Market is atm. There are few Big Box Amiga fans thesedays & whilst I'm missing mine, it's not through them being used on a daily basis. Just too much money tied up in old gear & Debs asked me what the point was!?

Good luck with your venture though, I'm sure things will pick up for you when word gets around & they do say patience is a virtue!

All the Best!

Kin

Ya' Like it Retr0? Inactive Member
    VIP
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Norfolk
    Feedback
    137 (100%)

@quarkx

patience.... you have been a trader on the bay for less than a handfull of days... relax... setup this area the way you would like to view your store... if you have special offers list them.... if you would like to make general announcements in the main general chat, just as a member of staff to help.

as my good friend charlie says.... with the right kit at the right price.... you will get more hits than you know what to do with LOL... so please take a moment to soak up the ambiance of the bay and get to know the people here.
    8)Flux Mastah' Zee8)
    50 L337 1'M W1R3FR4M3

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

I was just curious on why nobody was even looking, that is all.
    @kin
    Over here in Canada, the A1200 is a rare beast, not many people had an A1200 unless they were "really into" Amiga. The A600 was even rarer- Only released in limited markets. Now A1000's, A500's, and even the A2000's are plentiful. (and like you eluded to, the people that have A1200's tend to keep them very close)
    A lot of people who had A500's thought that was it for the Amiga.
    Trust me I would love to have a lot of NTSC A1200 and parts, but they are just not here.
    A500's on the other hand, I can pick up all day long, but the "add-ons" kill you in pricing. It would seem to be a conundrum, the most biggest,most selling Amiga (here), but the extra's are very scarce?
    Even my "Guru" (who past last summer) had to "special order" his A1200 right from CBM, as by that time, not very many dealers were carrying anything "Amiga" anymore.
    It is next to impossible to find a A500+ here also.
    The A4000 is still being used by a lot of video and editing companies, so they don't come up to often.

VIP
    Amibayer!
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Midlands
    Feedback
    97 (100%)

Here's how I use Amibay and did so before I was a Mod.

I see sales posts pop up and am curious as to what is being sold, so I look and see if I want or am tempted.

I would normally only go to a trade site (yours or anywhere else) if I am actually looking for something. This is why I haven't visited your site yet - I am not looking for anything at the moment.

As with any trade site, shop etc you need to become established, then word of mouth will do the rest. Untill then you need to tempt people in

On the good side, the more exposure you get on here or anywhere else, means the more chance you will be picked up by search engines

Only my view on things, but I suspect there are more like me.
    Good luck with your venture.
    Gary
    Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil! Repeat, this is not a daffodil!
    (Holly, Red Dwarf)

I look like Gizmo Amibay Treasurer
    Mega AmiMod
    Administrator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Boston, Lincs
    Feedback
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by imnogeek
    Here's how I use Amibay and did so before I was a Mod.

I see sales posts pop up and am curious as to what is being sold, so I look and see if I want or am tempted.

I would normally only go to a trade site (yours or anywhere else) if I am actually looking for something.
    Gary
    Mine is a similair story - I tend to buy things from here on the spur of the moment (like the Ram card I've just done a deal on) and may even advertise with a want ad. It's very rare that I visit a trade site unless I've got something specific in mind and can't find it elsewhere.

Although saying all of the above - I have visited your site - so I must be one of the 6 that have hit your site

Dave G

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

Thanks you all,
    I can't fix problems, if nobody looks at the site. That's all. I can fix anything, as long as people know it exists.
    I just look at my site as a bit different, as it is mostly "one of" odds and ends. If I were to list it all here or the other 'bay, it would take forever, and be seen for only a few days, this way I can consistently update and change it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast