Need a bit of help with a WHDLOAD problem

theoretically yes, but we would need how to fix it and then all slaves would be need to reassembled and it wouldn't fix the non kickemu games.

the only proper solution would be to change the spectrum/picasso driver to disable the int

Do you think that there is still someone updating the P96?

Yup, that is exactly what i am doing.

2.1b.
Version c is worse than everything with this board.

I have checked the Spectrum driver of P96. Maybe a kludge could be added to WHDLoad to avoid the problems. But since the 1.35 driver works it's probably not worth the effort.

Hi Wepl.

I'm happy to know you are still working on my problem :)
1.25 driver works with kickemu that's true, but it does not work fine with Shapeshifter whatever setup i use.
Unfortunately i won't be able to do more tests as my A2000 is now buried under 3 meters of hardware in my special storage room, and i am currently only using an A4000 which does not suffer from this problem with a C64 3D board.

It would still be great to fix the problem for people with Spectrum 28/24, Piccolo 64 or similar boards.

I have not checked the Piccolo64 driver yet, only the Spectrum one. The kludge would be needed for every card separate because it is needed to disable the interrupts of the cards.
Do you have the mentioned problems with WHDLoad?
Do older P96 driver work? (I need an older driver which works to be able to compare the drivers.)

The driver I use now is the 1.25 from Aminet and that works. I only have to use the NOAUTOVEC tooltype just like I did with CGX4. Version 2+ with whdload does not work at all on the Piccolo SD64 for me....

The monitor file is called PicolloSD64 for P96 btw, not PiccoSD64 or something I mentioned before.

Do you look into the chipset driver or the monitor file?

Edit: bit off-topic, but funny to see P96 is able to run the CGXBlanker for almost 24 hours with the (not 1.25) cybergraphx emulation library, while CGX4 (from orignal CD) with downloaded update R6 crashes within the hour on that blanker that is made (hence the name) for Cybergraphx ;)
Still think it is Blizzard 2060 related as the OP is also using the same 060 card. Maybe 2060scsi.device (auto scsi terminating maybe) is causing the interupts? Bad thing is I can't disable that one as it is driving my SCSI CF card reader...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom