Prism2 Wifi card. Issues

ddni

AmiBayer
Country
UK - Northern Ireland
Region
Northern Ireland
Hi all I am using a 16bit prism2 wifi card with the recently released Prism2 driver.
My TCP stack is MiamiDX.

I can connect to my BTHomeHub if all security is disabled.
However if I enable security WEP or WPA and set up the prism2 driver accordingly then I can no longer connect.

I make no changes to Miami when I try to use WEP or WPA over no security.

Any ideas?

Miami's job over is over then.
Miami or Genesis only setup the card and open it. Nothing more.

Wifi is only managed by the SetPrism2Defaults command which needs to be declared correctly in User-Startup with your SSID and WEP key.
For the new WPA stuff I haven't tested my Orinoco yet but never had a single issue with WEP.

I heard over a.org that some peepz had issues with WEP and the newer although that can be misguiding due to non correct setup of SetPrism2Defaults.

If I were you, I'd firstly setup WEP key with the previous driver and check if it works...
Then move to the new driver to see if WEP still works...
Then move to WPA and see if it works.
Troubleshooting every step is the way to go to find your problem my friend :)

Hi mfilos!

Using the older prism driver v1.7 I can connect using WEP.
Can the new driver make use of the SetPrismDefaults command?

edit
the new driver can make use of the SetPrismDefaults command to connect to WEP. Will try using my WPA key to see of it works too.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

The new driver does not officially use the SetPrismDefault command in User startup.
Instead it uses wirelessmanager that adds a script to envarc:Sys

This is where I have issues:
WEP connection with the new driver works IF i use SetPrismDefault command in User startup.
WEP connection does not work with the new driver if I use the wirelessmanager tool
WPA connection does not work with the new driver if I use the wirelessmanager tool or with SetPrismDefault command in User startup (I didn't expect this to work though)

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the wifi card needs to be reflashed to be able to use the WPA driver.
Have you had this done?

Back
Top Bottom