Review: Gbs 8200 rgb to VGA arcade adaptor.

hi limboy777

you need to make a cable here 23pin to the wire that comes with the gbs

which plugs in behind the vga port

then you plug in a 5v 2a psu and a standard vga cable to one of the vga out ports to your tv/monitor

Thanks john

What about using this for a amstrad mega pc, can i just connect the vga from the mega pc to this and then from this to the monitor?

If any other snes users were interested BadAd84 has done me a cable and mod to the gbs 8220 to bring compatability for snes with modern lcd/led tvs. It also looks like it works with the megadrive although i prefer my kanaan hd upscaler for the md.

As far as i can tell the gbs 8220 is the best solution for giving the optimum picture for snes on a modern lcd or led tv (far better than standard scart connection)

Hi,
I have a question will I be able to connect an old VGA card (with a 720 x 400 @ 70 Hz resolution) to this and get a standard ouput at 60 Hz?

Can a 23 pin to 15 pin converter not be used as an input source for this - such as those on AmigaKit - and then connect to the VGA "in" socket on the board?

Last edited:
Does any of this matter ?

No not really it means I can pass through and auto switch from VGA Picasso to VGA native Amiga without me doing anything. Joy :)

Sorry if the quote above makes it clear but do you mean I can use this, for example on an Atari ST, with a VGA INPUT and passthrough that with no scaling and have it scale up the low/med res modes. Similarly with Amiga DblPAL etc...???

I know that this thread is old but I got a brand new GBS 8220. This one has one vga in and one vga out. I wired the cables like in the pic below. I am using a psu 5v 1A and though the red led in 8220 is lit properly, my A600 is showing black screen (actually the vga monitor remains in stand by mode).

Is that wiring diagram incorrect?

23-connected_4-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom