Building a PPC A1200T for Export to ravestar....

Re: Building a PPC A1200T for Export to ravestar....

Enrico was kind enough to take some pics of the shipping crate I made up. Don't forget, this single crate started life as 2 x 28" Panasonic TFT boxes......

It would also appear as though the Floppy LED Lens has shaken loose from the A1200T's Front Bezel whilst in transit & Enrico found it inside the bag I wrapped the Tower in.

Other than that, I'd say the shipping was a smooth affair.

Kin

Attachments

• Exposed 1.jpg
    Exposed 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Foam Packing Beams.jpg
    Foam Packing Beams.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Opening the lid.jpg
    Opening the lid.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
  • unwrapped case.jpg
    unwrapped case.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1

:D

Attachments

• Mayhem.jpg
    Mayhem.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1
  • A1200T.jpg
    A1200T.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1
  • A600.jpg
    A600.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Exposed 2.jpg
    Exposed 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1

:D :D

From Cornwall in the UK to Italy & mainly, in one piece. :drinkin:

@ Enrico

Get back to us as soon as you can. I can't wait to see some pics of her up & running.

All the best folks,

Charlie

Attachments

• The Italian Job.jpg
    The Italian Job.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Ooooh.jpg
    Ooooh.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1

The patience and the effort put by Kin Hell in this project, together with the passion he has shown over the Amiga world, make me think I have been really lucky.
There were times were I was even thinking "...WOW...this man must have been a Commodore engeneer!...." :mrgreen:

The project took almost 6 months to be completed.
6 months of almost-daily emails, quotations, status updates, funny jokes.... I must confess that around August, after 1 or 2 unpleasant events, we were almost thinking about giving up! ...but then we decided to go on and our patience and efforts were largely rewarded.

The machine is beautiful - I have never seen an Amiga play MP3's , smoothly play FPS, accept external USB devices, etc. Most of these things weren't even existing when Amiga was launched (i.e. MP3's)
Particularly, the internet connection has been configured by Kin Hell in UK, and it worked at first try when I plugged the ethernet cable here in Italy. Amazing!!

So a HUGE thank to Kin Hell.....and a big thank also to Amibay who gave me the possibility to meet him and to get my "monster" Amiga1200 Tower!!! :yourock:

Keep up the good work, guys!

Rave_Star

now here is a good story, really please everyone is happy.

great stuff guys! (y)

I've just done a re-cap on this entire thread & in all honesty, what an event. Despite all this, I just want to add what an absolute pleasure it was getting the desired result at the end of it all. Reading DDni's post here kinda cemented the reason for me posting this post, in a public effort to ask how Enrico is getting on with her? C'mon m8, watchya thinking now?

Me retiring from Amiga's? - Perhap's there is some more spunk still in me, more than I realised. ;) - Thanks Juzzer & hello Rudi. ;) :D

All the very best folks,

Charlie

Excellent work sir. :bowdown:

I'm looking to build a towered up A1200 too.

This thread is just the thing to get me underway.

It has to be said...

No one builds em like our Kinny,
Everytime I visit this thread It still excites & still impresses

TC :bowdown:

If Santa Claus existed...i would dream of him being Kin Hell...and i would fill my wishlist with just 1 item: 1 modded-super-full-ultimate Amiga by Kin

:D

(y)

Amazing work Kin, incredibly tidy tower setup. I'm not much of a tower lover but if I ever tried to do a tower conversion (the idea of using a Voodoo is rather tempting), yours would be my inspiration. Its also nice to see you didn't retire! :)

Great looking install Kin, oh if only i didn`t have the wife, kids, mortgage, stupid commitments to my Aquatic hobbies etc i`d place an order :)

I must admit that I am not really a tower fan either - they always feel like a faceless PC tower without the charm, but this one is absolutely fantasitc!! (y) Well done:bowdown:

Hope you don't leave the Amiga scene - I am really enjoying getting back into all this stuff again after a very long time(y) You can enjoy more than one type of machine surely?!:)

Also I find it absolutely staggering how many pieces were developed for the A1200 to allow it to be that unbelieveably strong for what is a very old computer - top job Amiga 3rd party hardware providers/community :bowdown:

Lovely job well done :bowdown:

What a machine, beautiful, well built and one of a kind. This is more than just putting a rig together, it is art! :nod: Well done Kin Hell :D

A quick post after more than 1year to say that the machine is still up and running great! (y)

Once again, thanks to Kin for his patience and effort in making this dream into reality! :yourock:

Last edited:
A quick post after more than 1year to say that the machine is still up and running great! (y)

Once again, thanks to Kin for his patience and effort in making this dream into reality! :yourock:

This week I have ordered from Amigakit the new "OS 4.1 classic".
I was thinking about installing it on this machine. What do you think? Will this Amiga1200 be able to handle it? :unsure:

This week I have ordered from Amigakit the new "OS 4.1 classic".
I was thinking about installing it on this machine. What do you think? Will this Amiga1200 be able to handle it? :unsure:

Hi!

Looking at your specs 'Yes!' (y)

The only things not supported are the SCSI on your BPPC and PCI Sound Card.

Your Video & Network Cards are both supported by OS4.1 but you will have to install to an IDE Hard Drive connected to your A1200's onboard IDE, I would connect this to a 4WayIDE device with your CDROM connected to the same port.

This way you will not have to touch your SCSI installation and will be able to run both side by side.

All the best,

Steve.

Installed OS4.1 classic yesterday.

All is running smooth & well. Network set-up was very easy using the wizard and I immediately started to surf the web. I also tested the Wipeout PPC game and it runs great!

I hope that an update for the support of BlizzardPPC SCSI will be released in the future, as well as for the Soundblaster PCI.

Installed OS4.1 classic yesterday.

All is running smooth & well. Network set-up was very easy using the wizard and I immediately started to surf the web. I also tested the Wipeout PPC game and it runs great!

I hope that an update for the support of BlizzardPPC SCSI will be released in the future, as well as for the Soundblaster PCI.

Great news, I'm glad its all working for you!

I don't think we will get the BPPC SCSI working at all but it would be nice to see a Driver for the SoundBlaster as its such a common card :)

Amigakit are selling PCI SATA cards so that you can use SATA HDD's, or you can import them from Hong Konmg via eBay, I just bought one and hope that will speed things up.

Once I get mine I will try and do a guide (once I figure it out) to use a CF card to load the OS4.1 Custom Rom and then have the SATA HDD take over and load the OS (y)

Anyway, have fun!

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom