Not open for further replies.

HonestFlames

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
England
Region
Shropshire
This is a really old card but it is a more than decent performer. I've played many a Half Life 2 level at 1920x1200 resolution quite happily (also Painkiller, Minecraft, Fallout 3 etc).

It's not so great with the likes of Skyrim or Metro 2033, but that's not a surprise for a card that was released in June 2005! For an idea of performance, it just about manages to make Bioshock playable at 1280x800 with a couple of detail settings dialed down.

It takes a 6-pin PCIe power connector, but will work in reduced performance mode without it. This is how I used it for the last few months before I bought a GT440. Minecraft was still nicely playable and 1080p video playback was smooth.

It's got two DVI connectors and one of those funny VIVO ports, which I did get working once and managed to record some video and also hook up to my old style TV via an S-Video to SCART adapter.

I found a review here: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/msi_nx7800_gtx_review/

I'm asking for £29, which includes Royal Mail First Class Recorded delivery to the UK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom